Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What will it take to get people in the stadium?

I've owned 2 seats since 2000 on the corner of the endzone upper deck. I'm not dumping my tickets until I get my use out of these new escalators! Haha! I've been asking for escalators on the Ravens' surveys every year for 18 years and we finally have them.

Seriously, for me it's still fun to see them live. Sure it's an all day commitment. But it's only 8 games a year (I might attend one preseason game). There's only 3 games left and hopefully a playoff game or two. One of the 3 is a Thursday Night.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Cost.
    Tix
    Parking if out of town
    Beer
    Food

x2-3 ppl.

Vs staying home with 60-70 inch 4k TV's a dozen wings and 12 bucks for beer

Pretty simple
    Home viewing experience has been consistently improving for like 20 or 30 years.

It passed the stadium experience for me a long time ago. I think it keeps passing it for more & more people every year.

Season ticket and PSL owner since day 1. I stopped going to games about 10 years ago because it was simply exhausting like one poster alluded to earlier. Your day really starts at 8am and ends anywhere between 5 and 6pm (depending upon where you live). I've got accustomed to the comfort of watching from home on my 75 inch. I usually sell my tickets but since they are in the upper level (Sec 529) it's been extremely tough to unload them in the last 4-5 years (including this year). Heck I had my tickets listed at $46 each on ticketmaster and it still didn't sell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Season ticket and PSL owner since day 1. I stopped going to games about 10 years ago because it was simply exhausting like one poster alluded to earlier. Your day really starts at 8am and ends anywhere between 5 and 6pm (depending upon where you live). I've got accustomed to the comfort of watching from home on my 75 inch. I usually sell my tickets but since they are in the upper level (Sec 529) it's been extremely tough to unload them in the last 4-5 years (including this year). Heck I had my tickets listed at $46 each on ticketmaster and it still didn't sell.
    How many do you have? I might make a trip up for the 9ers or Steelers game.

I mean it was at pretty much full capacity according to announced figures so probably the majority who didn't show up had season tickets.

Anounced Attendance: 70,731

Capacity: 71,008

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    just dont be the skins
    Speaking of the Skins. We need to take over Fedex Field next year and pummel that team, if that's what you want to call them.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    How many do you have? I might make a trip up for the 9ers or Steelers game.
    I've got a pair, Row 15. Seats are really close to the aisle. Feel free to DM later if interested

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I will say, crowd noise was legit today. I am hoarse.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I thought the attendance was fine today. Very few Texan fans; upper deck was 75 to 80% full. Crowd was into the game, but the lack of suspense once Ravens were rolling, rolling, rolling dampened the noise a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    I thought the attendance was fine today. Very few Texan fans; upper deck was 75 to 80% full. Crowd was into the game, but the lack of suspense once Ravens were rolling, rolling, rolling dampened the noise a bit.
    Oh yeah. Def a more chill atmosphere in the 4QI was ok with it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Those people sold their PSL's a year or more ago. But the people that buy tickets and don't bother to go, I just can't understand that. My seats NEVER go empty whether I'm there or not. These folks don't even bother to sell their tickets I guess, makes no sense to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
    sold? most didnt sell, they walked away because the PSL market is so bad right now, and isnt going to ever return to what it used to be. Ive gotten mail, email, and phone calls this year trying to get me to buy PSLs that are around me, offering me 10 month payment plans and guaranteed playoff tickets this season. I could have bought those same PSLs from their previous owners for $200 each. The younger fans arent as diehard as the fans 10-15 years ago, they wont sit out in the cold, or rain, or even snow. the Houston game wasnt cold by any means, but a lot of people stayed home because it was too cold for them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I'd say 50 bucks or so. But it's not just tickets. It's parking, concessions, the "intangibles" like fighting for parking, struggling with traffic, losing time on a precious Sunday with work the next day, etc.
    For the Houston game, tickets could be had for under $50 on game day, bring your own food and just buy drinks. Take the light rail, it has actually been pretty good this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Youd have to pay me like 200 bucks to watch a game in the upper decks honestly
    why? the view is much better and you can see the plays develop. Ive sat 50 yard line 5 rows from the field and hated it, you cant see anything. Ive had PSLs in the upper level enzone for 20 years and I wouldnt want to sit anywhere else.