Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What will it take to get people in the stadium?

The NFL and Ravens don't really care if ppl don't show up. The money is in the tv deals. The stadiums are just icing. "Protesting" by buying Tix and not showing up literally does nothing

It’s quality not quantity. I haven’t heard this kind of noise in years. Stan the ravens fan has got everybody fired up. I say supporting your team is like taking care of your teeth. If you ignore them they will go away. Aka the Baltimore Colts.

Blog Entries

I said it earlier this year and keep saying it. The stadium is not going to be consistently at capacity anymore. This isn’t a Ravens specific thing, you see it at virtually every NFL stadium every week.

The reasons for this are many, but mainly the older/original group of fans is aging out (many in their late 50’s to early-mid 60’s at this point), younger people aren’t interested in or can’t afford attending live sporting events (and rarely sit and watch throughout when they do go based on what I see), and technological advancements that have made the home viewing experience far superior for most people.

The Ravens have a fuller stadium than most teams I see. Do I wish it was like back in the 2000’s, sure, but just don’t see it being that way again. If it’s not full now, with a top offense, an elite overall team, and the most exciting player in the league on the field, it’s not going to be full.

I fully expected a packed stadium today. It was a big game. I kinda of knew what to expect once I easily strolled down 295 without super backed up traffic. Normally I hit the jam before the Monroe Street exit. Then I was able to get a spot on the 4th level horseshoe garage.

A little disappointing... But the fans who were there kept it live. Real Fan Dan got his shirt off atleast 3 to 4 times. :)

I think there will be a new generation of fans who will be falling in love with this iteration of exciting Ravens football. The seats will fill up soon enough. It will take time.... But I think it will happen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Youd have to pay me like 200 bucks to watch a game in the upper decks honestly
    I’ve had the same seats in 517 since the Stadium opened, and I prefer sitting there than the couple of times I’ve sat in the lower deck with others’ tickets. You can see plays develop so much better up high than down low. And we’ve had most of the same crew around me for decades. Wouldn’t trade my tickets for anywhere else!

It was disappointing today seeing so many empty seats around the upper deck, though. I was pretty sure Lamar had gotten everyone in the area excited for this team, but apparently that’s not the case.

Former PSL owner here, went to the game today. I had forgotten how much it takes out of you. Leaving @ 9 AM, slogging through traffic, tailgating, sitting in the cold, walking back, slogging through traffic again and getting home at dinner time. Maybe I'm just getting old. It was fun, no doubt. Fan experience has definitely gotten better, but I've got a real nice home theater in my basement and don't have to listen to drunk idiots talking trash in the bathroom. Get off my lawn.

Blog Entries

The thing about going to a game v. staying at home is no matter what, you can't replicate the feeling of a big play and an entire stadium going nuts. The electricity and thrill can't come close to be matched at home. The bottom line is how much do people value that over the comfort and affordability of watching from their TV?
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Former PSL owner here, went to the game today. I had forgotten how much it takes out of you. Leaving @ 9 AM, slogging through traffic, tailgating, sitting in the cold, walking back, slogging through traffic again and getting home at dinner time. Maybe I'm just getting old. It was fun, no doubt. Fan experience has definitely gotten better, but I've got a real nice home theater in my basement and don't have to listen to drunk idiots talking trash in the bathroom. Get off my lawn.
    Let me translate:
    Whine
    Whine
    Whine
    Had a great time
    Whine.

Focus on the fun and come back again. :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Re: What will it take to get people in the stadium?

I live 4 hrs away and try to make it to at least 2 games every year. I've already went to the Az and PIT game and will probably go to one more. More than likely SF. Which BTW, that game should be a sellout. There's 9er fans everywhere. I know for a fact that if I lived w/in 2 hrs ofthe stadium, I would go to every game.

It could be worse, Redskins lower level section seats (100 level) were going for $15 today. Upper level was starting at $5

I live in NC. I'd love to be able to afford to attend 1 game each season, let alone season tickets, but it's just not in the cards at the moment.

Was planning on going to the 49ers game with my Bro In Law (he is a 9ers fan) but those plans fell apart. Both of us would have to take off work that weekend and he couldn't get it off. :*(

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Another week, another monotonous thread about why our stadium has a lot of empty seats on game day.

Get off MY lawn!

I will say, crowd noise was legit today. I am hoarse.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk