Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What will it take to get people in the stadium?

I spent $1000 for two PSLs in 2000. I've already come to terms that I'm not getting my money back for them. Looking back nearly 20 years later was it worth it? Yea it was. I have been guaranteed tickets to every regular season game and every playoff game, plus other perks PSL holders get. I still enjoy the gameday experience so I'm hanging in there. But I totally get the home entertainment centers with 70" 4K screens! That's what I'll be doing Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I spent $1000 for two PSLs in 2000. I've already come to terms that I'm not getting my money back for them. Looking back nearly 20 years later was it worth it? Yea it was. I have been guaranteed tickets to every regular season game and every playoff game, plus other perks PSL holders get. I still enjoy the gameday experience so I'm hanging in there. But I totally get the home entertainment centers with 70" 4K screens! That's what I'll be doing Monday!
    Game day live is a special/different kind of experience than watching at home. You get to be part of something bigger than yourself and connect with total strangers. Senses wise there is no comparison. Food smells, sounds, the view from the Stadium. Yes, it is expensive. I'm glad I got 20 years of it though. In 20 years only one of my girls ever went. I took my youngest of three girls 3 times and had a nice daddy daughter day with her. I'm glad she got to experience it. Those sorts of memories stick with you your whole life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Game day live is a special/different kind of experience than watching at home. You get to be part of something bigger than yourself and connect with total strangers. Senses wise there is no comparison. Food smells, sounds, the view from the Stadium. Yes, it is expensive. I'm glad I got 20 years of it though. In 20 years only one of my girls ever went. I took my youngest of three girls 3 times and had a nice daddy daughter day with her. I'm glad she got to experience it. Those sorts of memories stick with you your whole life.
    Exactly! I have pics of my son (then 6 years old) and I on the field kicking FGs. A perk that I got for owning a PSL. Priceless. But I enjoy the things you can't see on TV. I take my binoculars and I check out the defensive alignments and how far back the safetys are. I like to see what the players and coaches are doing on the sideline. The weather doesn't bother us. I have pics hanging on my wall from the Minnesota game years back when it was snowing really hard. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Vegas raiders are my second favorite team now just so I have another excuse to go to Vegas.
    Who needs an excuse to go to Vegas?! LOL!

Take a look at the Texans stadium now. Even with an exciting QB it's not a packed house.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hopefully people see this I’ll try not to clutter the board with new posts.

Looking at purchasing PSLs. Not the best “investment” but marketplace is pretty dirt cheap.

Google has giving me different answers.

Which side of the stadium is better for the sun? Probably looking at Upper Endzones or corners but may go lower end zone as well but no chance I want to be in the shade in December.

Thank you for any help!!

Visitor's side is in the sun.

I do love the smells! Minus cigarette smoke at tailgates but that seems to have lessened these days

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post

Looking at purchasing PSLs. Not the best “investment” but marketplace is pretty dirt cheap.

Which side of the stadium is better for the sun? Probably looking at Upper Endzones or corners but may go lower end zone as well but no chance I want to be in the shade in December.

Thank you for any help!!
    For 1pm games the sun starts behind 526 and works its way behind 540 or so by 4pm. I'm in 536. We're not looking into the sun of course so that's nice. I have sun on me in the first half and shade by the 2nd half. 505-509 seem to be the worst for looking into the sun. Pretty much visitor side is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post

Thank you for any help!!
    You'll be sorry! The sunny side of the stadium can be brutal, as late as the end of December. If you do, buy a sombrero and battery powered cooling fan
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    You'll be sorry! The sunny side of the stadium can be brutal, as late as the end of December. If you do, buy a sombrero and battery powered cooling fan
    The sunny side is not bad at all. I was in 504 for 20 years. You really appreciate that sun when it's cold. You just wear a hat, shades and sunscreen and your fine on that side. I like the view of the city and Camden yards from that concourse as well.

The sunny side is not bad at all. I was in 504 for 20 years. You really appreciate that sun when it's cold. You just wear a hat, shades and sunscreen and your fine on that side. I like the view of the city and Camden yards from that concourse as well.
    In the 22 years of the new stadium, I've ventured over to the Sunny side about three or four times. Always found it to be uncomfortable, especially early season looking into the Sun.

Dealing with the cooler Ravens side is easy: shorts & shortsleeves early season to keep cool, extra layers late season. No sunglasses required, either.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).