Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Guidelines for Collin Kaepernick Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Wow, just wow. You honestly don't think it's possible to support his return to the game, while also disagreeing with his politics?

It appears you've never heard the saying: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". There was a time in this country when people not only said that, but actually meant it. Guess those days are long gone. Sad.
    Another Wow. One minute you're defending someone's right to their opinion, the next minute you're chastising his right to also express his opinion, just because you happen to disagree w/it. That deserves another wow. SMH

Re: Guidelines for Collin Kaepernick Threads

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Another Wow. One minute you're defending someone's right to their opinion, the next minute you're chastising his right to also express his opinion, just because you happen to disagree w/it. That deserves another wow. SMH
    Did you honestly completely misunderstand what I wrote, or are you just strawmanning?
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

One issue that came up from this is people complaining about moderation in the forum.

First, we don't get everything perfect, we are all making judgment calls. When something is done by a moderator in the forum (infraction, moving threads, deleting posts, etc) we allow each other to challenge who did it in a collegial manner. I myself have had actions reversed after discussion among us. I put on my big boy pants and allow others to sway my view, as do all of us.

If you have an issue with moderation PM a moderator, If you want an immediate response message whoever is active. wickedsolo may have been the only one active during the game because some of us were at the game or elsewhere and couldn't watch the forum. The posts are flying and he is doing the best he can to keep the discussions moving in a positive manner.

Now I don't know who moved the Kapernick thread and I don't believe it was wickedsolo, but he was active on the forum and was available for a message about it. Posting about moderation takes away from football discussion.

So to sum up, if you have an issue with moderation contact a moderator using PM or you can also report a post to alert a moderator your view of it. That's cool, though we don't want our inboxes full of this stuff, so please consider if you have a legit point first.

It isn't about wielding power, having been on a number of forums we moderate about us little us any group considering the volume of activity we have here. It's about trying to keep the forum as good as it can be.

And finally, you don't have the right to voice your opinions about moderation here. We are all guests of Tony in his forum just as if we were in his backyard during a party. If you start going political then we move that discussion to the polticis corner of the yard. If it devolves into nasty crap you may be asked to leave the party, usually only for a short time and usually after warnings.

FIFY
    what is wrong with starting kaep threads? even tony and the mods said it was fine.

now back to the person who hijacks all of them

If fans can't talk about how they feel without some "weak" posters calling them childish names, perhaps you wouldn't be missed, either. Whether you like it or not, just because some people are against him and his "woe is me" ways, that does not make them racists. Grow up.
    Doesn't seem unreasonable to ask people be able to compartmentalize.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    One issue that came up from this is people complaining about moderation in the forum.
    If you have an issue with moderation PM a moderator, If you want an immediate response message whoever is active.
    Posting about moderation takes away from football discussion.

So to sum up, if you have an issue with moderation contact a moderator using PM or you can also report a post to alert a moderator your view of it.
    Fair.

I actually don't have a clear list in mind of who is / isn't a mod. I mean, I can tell when one participates in a thread; but I don't really "remember" when it's time to go looking for a mod. Having the names mentioned in this thread is helpful.

Where I'm going with this is: Would you guys consider sticky-ing a thread at the top of the forum, for purposes of acting as a sort of "help desk"? For things that we want to ask a mod, or ask Admin Steve, or whatever?

• Such a thread would have been an obvious place to request that Kaep threads be allowed to exist "up here" (at least for a while, until they turn sour), rather than the peevish new thread I started on Friday.
    • Also, there was some issue earlier this year when people (including me) were trying to post tables and stuff, and the posts would get rejected by board software as some kind of code-injection-attack or something. A couple of us wanted to get an admin to look at it.

A one-stop-shop for forum-related questions & issues. They don't come up a lot, but every once in a while there's something. A mod or admin could make a point to check in on that thread every couple days or once a week or something, see if anything merits attention.

Just an idea.

Facts. All of that bullshit spew just in pretty much say that I'm the one that's going to make it political one about race. Goodbye and good riddance I would say

Is it OK to say I would rather have Lamar than Kaep? :)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    The reality is that talk of Colin from a "football perspective" is not going to happen because he hasn't played football in like three years. It's only been political. Colin's agenda is political and racial. Those who back him are for political and racial reasons and not football. So this board can ban me, suspend me, give me infractions. But it won't censor me. If this is what this board is about, then I will discontinue with board.

I love Tony's work and will always continue to support him, his radio show, his YouTube page where I have a subscription. But I will discontinue if conservative voices are being censored.
    Just so that everyone is clear on my position, this is what I posted in another thread that was mostly passed over:

Hey Guys & Gals,

It's been brought to my attention that the mods are having some difficulty managing threads focused upon Colin Kaepernick. He's a divisive subject/topic and as such, commentary can get out of control with insults and over-the-top criticisms. And that makes it difficult for the mods to manage the threads in a way that pleases everyone.

So really, where these threads are placed depends on you.

We want this to be a forum for discussion, debate, the free flow of ideas and opinions. But we also want it to remain civil. What I've suggested to the mods who are struggling with this, is that we allow Kaepernick threads that are focused upon football to stay on the Ravens24x7 forum. Those that wish to debate the political aspect of Kaepernick's cause, please take it to the political forum.

We all have our unique views on the cause. My hope is that conservatives and liberals can share their thoughts in a productive way that might even open minds to things they hadn't previously been considered. Everything isn't black and white. There's plenty of grey and sometimes it's there where compromise exists. And if it doesn't, I hope that we can provide a platform here where we can respect each others differences even if they're irreconcilable.

I appreciate all of you for your participation in these forums and I hope you can accept the sincerity in which this post has been delivered.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

There's a congressman "threatening the NFL" over its treatment of "victim" Colin.

There's no separating politics from sports with this jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Wow, just wow. You honestly don't think it's possible to support his return to the game, while also disagreeing with his politics?

It appears you've never heard the saying: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". There was a time in this country when people not only said that, but actually meant it. Guess those days are long gone. Sad.
    I don't support his return to the game. Period. And not that I need to justify myself, but I have great respect for several posters here who share opposite political views from myself (JimZipCode to name a few).

Colin hasn't played in three years. He wasn't very good when he did but because he's black and "oppressed" he feels entitled to play in the NFL. If he signs in his contract to no longer take a knee, then okay, come back and play. But if he's still about taking knees and disrespecting this country and our President then his motivation is also political and he can kick rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I don't support his return to the game. Period. And not that I need to justify myself, but I have great respect for several posters here who share opposite political views from myself (JimZipCode to name a few).

Colin hasn't played in three years. He wasn't very good when he did but because he's black and "oppressed" he feels entitled to play in the NFL. If he signs in his contract to no longer take a knee, then okay, come back and play. But if he's still about taking knees and disrespecting this country and our President then his motivation is also political and he can kick rocks.
    Let me try to respond without being "political." CK was an extremely good QB -- his stats bear that out. He led his team to the Super Bowl. For you to say he feels entitled b/c he's "black and oppressed" is the most ridiculous statement I've read today. If you believe his taking a knee disrepects the USA and president, well, that's a popular opinion that I can't counter b/c I guess that's political.