Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Guidelines for Collin Kaepernick Threads

All -

I have spoken with Tony about Collin Kaepernick threads on the main RSR Forum.

Here are the guidelines:

Posters are permitted to discuss Kaepernick on the main RSR forum from a FOOTBALL PERSPECTIVE.

In other words, you can talk about his abilities as a player on the field.

The second the thread turns political, it is getting shut down. Period. If it gets nasty, infractions and vacations will be given out accordingly. This is NOT up for debate.

If you would like to discuss Kaepernick from a social/political perspective, those threads need to be started on the Off Topic/Politics Forum. This is NOT up for debate.

If you are unsure on how to differentiate between FOOTBALL and POLITICS - then don’t start a Kaepernick thread. Or do not participate in them.

As per Tony - if posters can’t follow those guidelines then Kaepernick threads will NOT be permitted at all on the main RSR Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Guidelines for Collin Kaepernick Threads

Can we have an Around the League thread for other teams ? Not for CK

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Can we have an Around the League thread for other teams ? Not for CK
    I don’t know why that one got moved, but I moved it back to the main forum a few hours ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reality is that talk of Colin from a "football perspective" is not going to happen because he hasn't played football in like three years. It's only been political. Colin's agenda is political and racial. Those who back him are for political and racial reasons and not football. So this board can ban me, suspend me, give me infractions. But it won't censor me. If this is what this board is about, then I will discontinue with board.

I love Tony's work and will always continue to support him, his radio show, his YouTube page where I have a subscription. But I will discontinue if conservative voices are being censored.

Thanks for undertaking this.

Question:

Threads about the release-form that Kaep declined to sign – I'm seeing a lot of news pieces about it – those aren't "football", though they're certainly NFL-related. But they're not the social/political angle either. The legal side I guess?

Topic to me seems similar to free-agent contract negotiations, or conversations if there was another player strike / lockout / labor relations issue. The kind of thing we would usually talk about in regard to another player – uh, a less polarizing player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    The reality is that talk of Colin from a "football perspective" is not going to happen because he hasn't played football in like three years. It's only been political. Colin's agenda is political and racial. Those who back him are for political and racial reasons and not football. So this board can ban me, suspend me, give me infractions. But it won't censor me. If this is what this board is about, then I will discontinue with board.

I love Tony's work and will always continue to support him, his radio show, his YouTube page where I have a subscription. But I will discontinue if conservative voices are being censored.
    If you can’t talk football without getting into racist insults, no one will miss you

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Thanks for undertaking this.

Question:

Threads about the release-form that Kaep declined to sign – I'm seeing a lot of news pieces about it – those aren't "football", though they're certainly NFL-related. But they're not the social/political angle either. The legal side I guess?

Topic to me seems similar to free-agent contract negotiations, or conversations if there was another player strike / lockout / labor relations issue. The kind of thing we would usually talk about in regard to another player – uh, a less polarizing player.
    In my mind, the contractual stuff is something relevant to football as it directly pertains to him signing with a team.

What we want to avoid are the people that can’t help themselves with this topic and will undoubtedly post something that completely derails the thread and devolves it into a nasty back and forth that no one is going to win.

It’s ugly and it makes the forum less desirable to participate in.

We all have a responsibility to be good stewards for this forum and that includes being conscientious about what is going to tee someone off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Colin's agenda is political and racial. Those who back him are for political and racial reasons and not football.
    Wow, just wow. You honestly don't think it's possible to support his return to the game, while also disagreeing with his politics?

It appears you've never heard the saying: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". There was a time in this country when people not only said that, but actually meant it. Guess those days are long gone. Sad.
    Last edited by MarkS; 11-17-2019 at 09:30 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

what if its the same person derailing all the kaep threads?

Blog Entries

If you can’t talk football without getting into racist insults, no one will miss you
    I'm glad someone posted the truth. I can't read those posts because the ignore feature but I see enough quoted to know they are still going on

11. Re: Guidelines for Collin Kaepernick Threads

If fans can't talk about how they feel without some "weak" posters calling them childish names, perhaps you wouldn't be missed, either. Whether you like it or not, just because some people are against him and his "woe is me" ways, that does not make them racists. Grow up.

12. Re: Guidelines for Collin Kaepernick Threads

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    what if its the same person starting all the kaep threads?
    FIFY