Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: An NFL free-agent is having a workout on Saturday, announced by the league

Did the NFL ask him to sign away the right to bring a future lawsuit in return for them allowing him to participate in a strange and hastily arranged workout? If that's the case, I don't blame him for trying to arrange his own workout. If not, it doesn't make sense for him to agree to show up at all, unless he figured any publicity was good publicity.

Blog Entries

The lawsuit angle is something I hadn’t considered, but could also be a big reason why teams may not be actively exploring a private workout for Kaep.

Let’s say he does get a private workout, or gets a camp invite. He does well, but doesn’t get signed. Could be any number of reasons...age...didn’t get along with someone...too expensive...whatever.

What’s to stop him from suing that team? He’s already shown a willingness to sue the NFL because he’s unemployed. So, if he assumes that all teams colluded to not hire him to begin with and then he gets cut by a team for someone else or he doesn’t get signed, couldn’t he make the logical assumption that it was because the team is anti-Kaepernick?

I don’t know.

However, this stunt seems to suggest that Kaep isn’t really that serious about trying to get on a team. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken wing View Post
    You piece of shit motherfuckers on this site shitting on Kaepernick for what? Because he went out on a limb for a cause that he believes in? How much more admirable can you get. I bet every one of you piece of shits talkin down on Kaep on here are white or at least not african american. He obviously has talent to be in the NFL. He was blackballed over politics not football. I bet if you white people were getting harrassed and shot by police, you would have a different viewpoint. This is more than football. He deserves praise rather than hate. Just curious, can any one of you people that have posted negatively on this thread say you are african american? I bet not too many
    More whites are actually gunned down by police over black per capita. The media just decides not to show that narrative. Statistics don’t lie. Second, I served an entire career until retirement in the US Army. I believe in his right to protest. However, Kaepernick didn’t start taking that knee until Blaine Gabbert started beating him out for the starting job. Also, try to invoke your first amendment right to your employer with your entire management staff there. Use the hateful words you brought to this forum to aide you. I bet you they can invoke their right to fire you. All of this racism shit makes me sick anymore. It really does

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

However, this stunt seems to suggest that Kaep isn’t really that serious about trying to get on a team. Just my opinion.

The waiver that needed to be signed, over and above the normal waiver, suggests that the NFL was far from serious about the spur of the moment 'tryout' and it was no more than a stunt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    The waiver that needed to be signed, over and above the normal waiver, suggests that the NFL was far from serious about the spur of the moment 'tryout' and it was no more than a stunt.
    Probably.

Blog Entries

Kap thread here

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Anyone else notice him wearing a Kunta Kinte shirt yesterday?

Yea....he’s real serious about getting back into the league.