Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: An NFL free-agent is having a workout on Saturday, announced by the league

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    This workout is a dog-and-pony show for some future campaign with Nike. If he really wanted to play in the NFL, he would have agreed to the standard waiver and not demanded his own video crew. The only reason to demand your own video crew is to have the film for future personal (read: Nike commercial) use. Plus, it sounds like he wanted to turn it into a media circus.

Stick a fork in him.

2. Re: An NFL free-agent is having a workout on Saturday, announced by the league

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    In the "This thing won't die" category...

Kaepernick moves workout, says NFL demanded he sign liability waiver :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bility-waiver/

"Colin Kaepernick won’t work out at the Falcons’ facility today after all.

Instead, Kaepernick has moved his workout to another location, and his representatives released a statement accusing the NFL of not acting in a forthright manner in organizing the workout."

How about "nobody really gives a damn!" ... Bc
    I don't give even half a damn. Never have and never will.

Doug Farrar‏ @NFL_DougFarrar 9m9 minutes ago

So far, Kaepernick looks like Kaepernick. Outstanding velocity, everything on a rope, can make any throw. Questions teams will have about different arcs and speeds, performance when hurried, and progression-reading -- the questions I'd have -- can't really be answered here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I don't give even half a damn. Never have and never will.

... Bc

Blog Entries

I know Kap says he wants to play but his actions say otherwise.

HO.
    LEE.
    SHIT.

That blows my mind. I am gobsmacked, right now.

Literally. I'm just about speechless.

I mean – I agree with every statement made about the workout being organized in a bizarre & nonstandard, even non-sensical way. But still! If he was serious about wanting to resume an NFL career, he's got to show up for a workout like this. Right?!? Even with the dog-&-pony show aspects of it.

Give the NFL the little show they asked for, and sign with some time this offseason as their #3 QB. Compete in camp.

Wowww.

With this, I don't see how even I can maintain that Colin seriously wants to resume an NFL career. Unless something really, really substantive comes out in the next few days. Which, I have a hard time imagining what that could possibly be.

Wowwww. WOW.

Blog Entries

Just my opinion but Colin has been away 2-3 years. I seriously doubt he could come in and contribute right away.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Some decent passes, some not decent passes, looks like he could have a gut but can't tell, trying to show off his arms. Strike that he screwed up, he does have a gut with a bit of a spare tire. He lifted his shirt to wipe off sweat at the end of workout. Some spirals, some ducks.

No running that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Kaepernick moves workout, says NFL demanded he sign liability waiver :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bility-waiver/

"Colin Kaepernick won’t work out at the Falcons’ facility today after all.

Instead, Kaepernick has moved his workout to another location, and his representatives released a statement accusing the NFL of not acting in a forthright manner in organizing the workout."
    This bit from the statement is interesting:

“Most recently, the NFL has demanded that as a precondition to the workout, Mr. Kaepernick sign an unusual liability waiver that addresses employment-related issues and rejected the standard liability waiver from physical injury proposed by Mr. Kaepernick’s representatives..”
    Conceivably, that might fit the notion of something that would change what this all looks like. We'd need to see details, of course. Does the NFL-proposed waiver really differ from the "standard" workout waiver? If so, how?

What a WEIRD, weird episode all around.

Blog Entries

He's made a fool of everybody that supported him. Hopefully this is the final nail in his coffin. I KNEW he was bullshitting. I was done with him after his GF made that remark about Biscotti and Ray and he didn't check her. He's all about that Nike money.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Seems like a publicity stunt for a Nike commercial m seems like he doesn't want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Strike that he screwed up, he does have a gut with a bit of a spare tire.
    Fat Thor.