Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Ravens Have Built the NFL’s Most Terrifying—and Fun—Offense

https://www.theringer.com/platform/a...mpression=true

It is so much fun to read about the Ravens offense these days.

That group has quickly become weekly appointment viewing and the NFL’s leader in points per game (33.3), points per drive (3.1), yards per drive (43.4), drive success rate (79.9 percent), and, by my official count, fun shit per play. With the combination of a dual-threat quarterback, a dynamic group of skill position playmakers, a strong offensive line, an analytically forward-thinking head-coach in John Harbaugh, and a creative offensive play caller in Greg Roman, Baltimore has built a versatile offensive juggernaut. It’s half muscle car and half Ferrari; transitioning seamlessly between its powerful option-based run game and its explosive, high-flying aerial attack, the Jackson-led offense has carried the Ravens to 7-2 record―and makes Baltimore a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Re: The Ravens Have Built the NFL’s Most Terrifying—and Fun—Offense

I just came across this and was about to post it. I feel like I've woke up from a 20 year coma and found out that the Ravens got a top notch offense. And I'm scratching my head, "What the hell happened while I was out"

The nurse smiles and says, Lamar Jackson.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Great article!

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
    https://www.theringer.com/platform/a...mpression=true

It is so much fun to read about the Ravens offense these days.

That group has quickly become weekly appointment viewing and the NFL’s leader in points per game (33.3), points per drive (3.1), yards per drive (43.4), drive success rate (79.9 percent), and, by my official count, fun shit per play. With the combination of a dual-threat quarterback, a dynamic group of skill position playmakers, a strong offensive line, an analytically forward-thinking head-coach in John Harbaugh, and a creative offensive play caller in Greg Roman, Baltimore has built a versatile offensive juggernaut. It’s half muscle car and half Ferrari; transitioning seamlessly between its powerful option-based run game and its explosive, high-flying aerial attack, the Jackson-led offense has carried the Ravens to 7-2 record―and makes Baltimore a legitimate Super Bowl contender.
    All of this goes away if we can't keep Greg Roman in-house next season and have to bring in a whole new OC.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    The nurse smiles and says, Lamar Jackson.
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    All of this goes away if we can't keep Greg Roman in-house next season and have to bring in a whole new OC.
    Eh, I dunno about all that. David Culley is the heir apparent, and James Urban is in-house too.

Mind you, I think it's better that we keep Roman around. But I don't think it evaporates like dew in the morning sun, if Roman gets a HC job.

an analytically forward-thinking head-coach in John Harbaugh
    That will make some heads explode around here.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Eh, I dunno about all that. David Culley is the heir apparent, and James Urban is in-house too.

Mind you, I think it's better that we keep Roman around. But I don't think it evaporates like dew in the morning sun, if Roman gets a HC job.
    And the question begs to an extent. Is Lamar making GRo's system look so dominating, or vice versa? I think the former. Look at how good Lamar made Bobby Petrino look and how that system felll apart after he left.

Besides, maybe Roman doesn't want to be a HC and would rather stay here?

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    That will make some heads explode around here.
    Going on 4th down is bad mmkay.

Blog Entries

One of the most fascinating things for me this year has been Harbaugh becoming this forward thinking coach that turned his team into an exciting offensive unit, and a user of analytics in big decision making. I hardly recognise this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    One of the most fascinating things for me this year has been Harbaugh becoming this forward thinking coach that turned his team into an exciting offensive unit, and a user of analytics in big decision making. I hardly recognise this guy.
    I have been arguing with my friends for years that the biggest thing Harbaugh needed next to him on the sidelines was a "strategy coach," someone who could advise him on flow of the game decisions, time-outs, and clock management. He was often so bad at it.

It seems like that's effectively what they've given him what all the analytics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

I'd just like to see some multi-year offensive consistency that's all. Instead of just one amazing season. If the Ravens are truly committed to Lamar, then I think they'll do whatever they can to keep Roman. If Lamar continues to play at an elite level, the HC job will come.