Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Both Pittsburgh AND Cleaveland are done

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The Steelers and Browns face off again in 2 weeks. One of those teams will end up with their 7th or 6th losses, respectively. My guess is the Browns are gonna get loss #7 that day and officially be eliminated.

Then they each play us again. I'm sorry but if the Week 17 game has any meaning to the Ravens playoff seeding (bye week!) then we aren't losing to the Steelers that day. Chances are the Steelers will be hanging by a thread at that point.

I feel like the Steelers could still sneak into a WC spot based on their gravy schedule and their competition for a WC spot. Both the Ravens and Steelers still play the Bills. We could inadvertently help the Steelers get in by beating the Bills if they beat them too. The Raiders and Colts both seem like they will waffle around .500. Perfect opportunity for a team like the Steelers to sneak in at 9-7.
    I wouldn't count either of them out. Raiders have been pesky all year and are only one game behind the Chiefs in the AFC West. Colts were playing well until Jacoby Brissett went down, and they get him back this week. I see them as more likely to sneak in and grab a WC spot.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    It might be a technical fact, but it's also true that both teams have not only significant deficits, but the Steelers are extremely banged up. Their only hope of getting in is as a wildcard IMO. I don't see the Ravens falling off of a cliff which is what would have to happen for the Steelers or Browns to have a shot at the AFCN title. We're the hottest team in football right now with a top-tier MVP QB. That matters. The Browns and Steelers have neither. We're healthy and the Steelers couldn't be more injured (well they could). I get what you're saying and it's the rational way to look at things and the Ravens ARE coming up on a tough patch of our schedule, but there's no way I can look at that trash game and think either of these teams has what it takes over multiple games to take the division. They have to win too many games here on out and I don't think either team is capable of doing that.
    Not disagreeing with your logic. But, as you alluded to... I like to live in reality or rational scenarios. Look back a few weeks ago.. That's how quickly this league and teams fate change. I am sure things will be reshaped by the end of the month... Week 13 Made for TV 4:25PM Cleveland @ Pittsburgh. The Ravens are the Undercard at 1:05 vs 49ers.

I'm not sure the Steelers have enough healthy players to make a run. Last night was a bloodbath.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I'm not sure the Steelers have enough healthy players to make a run. Last night was a bloodbath.
    Yup. We finally have an almost completely healthy squad back and they have key personnel injuries. The Clowns are not catching anyone this year and Squeelers are done in terms of catching us.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Same.

It's just unreal how this Browns team went from media darling in March/April to being this hateable. And it's hard to hate a team this much when they haven't won anything...usually you hate teams that are good...have playoff battles or playoff spot battles with. Not teams that are routinely picking in the top 5 of the draft every year.
    The Clowns "browned" their big win. They "browned" their preseason hype. They "browned" all of that talent.

Until they PROVE otherwise, they will always be the Browns (which is a bigger insult than Clowns).

I'm enjoying the train wreck that the rest of this season could bring for both teams. As for us... we control our success. We will win the division but we need to be focused on getting a first round bye and home field advantage. We can control that. And to be honest, I'd love to see the Steelers in the second round of the playoffs in our place after we get a week off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I would give the Ravens about a 15% chance of losing 5 games, and 0% chance they lose 6 at this point. You're talking losing four of the last seven and frankly unless something so disastrous I refuse to even say it happens, that's not going to happen.
    15% to lose 5 games? You're a pessimist.

Simplifying for the sake of example that all games have equal difficulty, assuming a 15% chance to lose five games (and win one) implies that the Ravens have only a 43.5% chance to win each game. That would make us quite a mediocre team!

If you're an optimist (and math nerd ) like me, who gives us an (average) 60% chance to win per game, then we get:

Chance to lose exactly 5 games: 3.7%
    Chance to lose all 6 games: 0.4%

I like those numbers much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The Clowns "browned" their big win. They "browned" their preseason hype. They "browned" all of that talent.

Until they PROVE otherwise, they will always be the Browns (which is a bigger insult than Clowns).
    It's an insult to hard working Clowns everywhere

Blog Entries

Damn this is fun to watch.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    This is where I'm at. We've become accustomed to the Ravens having to fight and claw their way to a division win but this year, every other team in our division has major weaknesses. This must be what it's like to play in the AFC East...

We are going to keep winning and we are going to crush both the Browns on Dec. 22nd and the Steelers on Dec. 29th.
    I just dont see the other teams getting better in the next few years. Browns have talent bad coach and Big Ben will be 38 next year. Rudolph is ok he remind me of another qb. Needs a great running game a defense and a good oline. The Bengals well they are the Bengals. This is AFC east like!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    My Christmas wish this year is for the Dec 29th game to mean absolutely nothing and to enjoy seeing RGIII start at quarterback while they give most of the starters the game off. Agree little chance that will happen but it would sure be nice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
    Why is it "little chance of happening" ? I think there's a very real chance it will happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Why is it "little chance of happening" ? I think there's a very real chance it will happen.
    If you figure in seeding implications, not so much. If at the end of Week 16 -

1. NE is tied with BAL (quite possible they lose 1 or more of remaining schedule: @PHI, DAL, @HOU, KC, @CIN) then a BAL win in Week 17 would mean HFA (unless both squads have been leapfrogged by others)
    2. NE remain 1 game up on BAL, they could lose to BUF in Week 17 & then a BAL victory that week would seed them above NE
    3. BAL are 1 game up on KC & need to win in Week 17 to stay seeded above them
    4. BAL are even with KC & need a win plus KC loss in Week 17 to be seeded above them
    5. If HOU defeats BAL next Sunday, same deal as with KC in 3 & 4 above

It's a little early to shake out all the scenarios - too many game left to play - but it's also way too early to say there's "a very real chance" the Tweenday game will mean "absolutely nothing."
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!