Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Both Pittsburgh AND Cleaveland are done

I wouldn't be worried if the Browns didn't crush us earlier this season. I was actually rooting for the Steelers last night cause I know we can beat them. Our schedule remaining schedule is pretty tough as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Neither team is remotely out of the Playoff Race or for that matter the AFC North Division Crown. That's just a fact!

Both of their schedules are extremely manageable. Further, this may be the type of crazy circumstance that actually brings the Browns together. For once, I heard Mayfield say something that was meaningful, mature and productive for the team. Regarding the injured players, I hope they recover. None of us want to win a division or benefit from our rivals misfortunes due to injuries. The pending suspension of Pouncey, concussions of Diontae Johnson and JuJu Smith Shuster along with the Shoulder issue with RB Conner will make the easy schedule harder to navigate. That's (4) impact players on the Steeler Offense. Despite all of the poor play last night the Steeler D was in a position to win the game until late in Q4. I don't believe their Defense will regress.

The Optics for Cleveland are horrific, Landry and OBJ mocking Tomlin.... The team and Organization supporting RB Kareem Hunt who assaulted a women in a Cleveland hotel, and now Garrett (prolonged pending suspension) and his teammate DT, Ogunjobi will also negatively impact their upcoming games, despite a soft schedule.

Proud of the Ravens right now, and sure hope Harbaugh, his Coordinators and Assistants can use last night a a coaching moment or two..
    It might be a technical fact, but it's also true that both teams have not only significant deficits, but the Steelers are extremely banged up. Their only hope of getting in is as a wildcard IMO. I don't see the Ravens falling off of a cliff which is what would have to happen for the Steelers or Browns to have a shot at the AFCN title. We're the hottest team in football right now with a top-tier MVP QB. That matters. The Browns and Steelers have neither. We're healthy and the Steelers couldn't be more injured (well they could). I get what you're saying and it's the rational way to look at things and the Ravens ARE coming up on a tough patch of our schedule, but there's no way I can look at that trash game and think either of these teams has what it takes over multiple games to take the division. They have to win too many games here on out and I don't think either team is capable of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    Pittsburgh is 5-5 with tonight's loss. Their offense is terrible to begin with and has gotten worse with all of the injuries tonight. We are now 3 1/2 games up on them (we own the tie breaker). Even though they have some "easy" games, they are no longer gimmies because of their injuries.

Cleveland is simply too far behind and Miles Garrett (their best defensive player) will most likely be suspended for the rest of this season.

Tonight's game couldn't have turned out better for us. Hopefully we can now focus on the #1 or #2 seed for the playoffs.
    My hope is that the Browns go 9-7 and miss the playoffs by a hair. That also hurts their draft position, make it more likely that they'll retain their incompetent HC, and torture their fans.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

I'm not sold on Cleveland and Pittsburgh being done yet. There is a lot of football left and we play them both again.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    Exactly. We have too many things going for us to think the Steelers still have a shot at catching us. Anyone who watched that game and thinks the Steelers are going to go 5-1 or better to end the season is smoking some good shit. At BEST, the Steelers go 4-2 over the remaining weeks and end up 9-7. That's their BEST case scenario imo. They're not catching us. Folks can relax. This is the first year in a long time where we actually wrapped the division up a lot earlier than we ever have. As long as we keep winning, trust me, in a couple of weeks it'll be a statistical certainty that we've won the division.
    This is where I'm at. We've become accustomed to the Ravens having to fight and claw their way to a division win but this year, every other team in our division has major weaknesses. This must be what it's like to play in the AFC East...

We are going to keep winning and we are going to crush both the Browns on Dec. 22nd and the Steelers on Dec. 29th.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I'm not sold on Cleveland and Pittsburgh being done yet. There is a lot of football left and we play them both again.
    ERay, yes we do, but can't you see our team developing/maturing into a tenacious unit to be reckoned with? LJ (our QB is 13 - 4 since being drafted), Hollywood (dangerous and getting healthier by the week), the Three Amigos (our TEs), an O-line becoming more cohesive, a top-notch running game, and a defense (players added by DeCosta and schemed so well by Wink), plus the Wolf Pack. If the Browns and Steelers are in somewhat a state of chaos, we are rising like cream to the top... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    ERay, yes we do, but can't you see our team developing/maturing into a tenacious unit to be reckoned with? LJ (our QB is 13 - 4 since being drafted), Hollywood (dangerous and getting healthier by the week), the Three Amigos (our TEs), an O-line becoming more cohesive, a top-notch running game, and a defense (players added by DeCosta and schemed so well by Wink), plus the Wolf Pack. If the Browns and Steelers are in somewhat a state of chaos, we are rising like cream to the top... Bc
    All true. But anything can happen between now and Jan 1.

Dorsey making Kitchen the HC continues to be a huge mistake. I get flushing both Greg Williams and Hue Jackson, but hire someone with some experience at managing a team. I've said before Cleveland has a long way to go organizationally and doesn't have the quality depth staffing wide that other successful teams have, and hiring Kitchens was a step backwards. And people think there would be no interest in Roman as an HC.
    Signing and drafting all these big names and good players so far has amounted to "Lipstick on a Pig".
    "Find #20 on every play"

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Here comes the judge, Goodell. Here is the problem for the Browns the visuals are terrible. Wont matter that Garret is a decent fellow. What will matter is that his actions could have resulted in permanent injury to another player. This could have ended that QB playing days forever or even been a life altering, life ending event. Hit him that hard with a helmet and he turns away so it strikes his temple and it is all over. Even the Union wont do more than give lip service to his defense. How could they do otherwise. They are also the Union of the victim. So Maximum suspension the CBA allows subject to appeal. And if Goodell is smart he forms a one time player and NFL front office run hearing, to hear the appeal. He has the power to do it under his "for the good of the game powers". Have them hear the appeal and direct a suggested final suspension. Then based on that, modify the suspension. In the end it will be four to six games unless they find Rudolph dead in the morning, in his bed. Strange things happen in bed. Just ask Jeffery Epstein.
    a decent fellow????? he's a dirty ass that has already been fined twice this season.

I like the optimism by the OP but I think it's a little too early to count out anyone especially the Steelers. They'll find a way to still make the last game of the season against us relevant for both teams. However winning this Sunday and we'll be able to create a lot more separation between us and the rest of the division.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    It might be a technical fact, but it's also true that both teams have not only significant deficits, but the Steelers are extremely banged up. Their only hope of getting in is as a wildcard IMO. I don't see the Ravens falling off of a cliff which is what would have to happen for the Steelers or Browns to have a shot at the AFCN title. We're the hottest team in football right now with a top-tier MVP QB. That matters. The Browns and Steelers have neither. We're healthy and the Steelers couldn't be more injured (well they could). I get what you're saying and it's the rational way to look at things and the Ravens ARE coming up on a tough patch of our schedule, but there's no way I can look at that trash game and think either of these teams has what it takes over multiple games to take the division. They have to win too many games here on out and I don't think either team is capable of doing that.
    Completely agree. Browns and Steelers looked like shit last night, although Baker threw some great lasers. I cannot see anyway possible short of LJ getting injured that Steelers can win this. Hell, I even think we win with RGIII.

The Steelers and Browns face off again in 2 weeks. One of those teams will end up with their 7th or 6th losses, respectively. My guess is the Browns are gonna get loss #7 that day and officially be eliminated.

Then they each play us again. I'm sorry but if the Week 17 game has any meaning to the Ravens playoff seeding (bye week!) then we aren't losing to the Steelers that day. Chances are the Steelers will be hanging by a thread at that point.

I feel like the Steelers could still sneak into a WC spot based on their gravy schedule and their competition for a WC spot. Both the Ravens and Steelers still play the Bills. We could inadvertently help the Steelers get in by beating the Bills if they beat them too. The Raiders and Colts both seem like they will waffle around .500. Perfect opportunity for a team like the Steelers to sneak in at 9-7.