Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Both Pittsburgh AND Cleaveland are done

Suspending Garrett is an easy decision. And it's not like it'll change the complexion of the league. It's the Browns. He's gonna have a career like Joe Thomas. All-pro year after year, but he plays for the Browns, so no one really cares, and it doesn't really matter. If a player is an all-pro but he plays for the Browns does it make a sound?

Blog Entries

It would take a total collapse to lose this division. Neither of those teams are going to take it unless we give it to them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It would take a total collapse to lose this division. Neither of those teams are going to take it unless we give it to them.
    Even before the clusterfuck of last night, we were not in danger of losing this division.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    If you need anymore reason to understand why the Browns are the anus of the league, look at this thread:
    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...it--138599592/
    thread theme on there seems to be, Pigsburgh had it coming.

I don't deny Steelers biggest thugs in the game last 10-15 years
    but no way that justifies what the Brownies did last night.
    ironic that they fired Greg Williams for headhunting years ago. now look at them.

I think Kitchens should go.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I agree...Browns might still have a shot due to just how easy the rest of their schedule is but...

Steelers offense is just so awful...I get pissed thinking back to our game, how the fuck did we allow them to score 23 points on us? Rudolph has grown into a "meh" backup type QB but he won't ever be anything more. I do absolutely LOVE their defense...they'd be a real threat if they had Ben IMHO. But as it is, that offense is just horrific. They got some luck to get to this point in the standings.

Browns...lol. They potentially just won a game that you'd think would propel them into a nice run to end the season, have the country positively talking about how nice a win this was on national television and it just feels like it was all ruined by the last couple seconds of the game. Even Browns players are saying that even though they won the game, the disgust and shock of what Garrett did made it feel like they lost (Mayfield and OBJ both said this).

I'm really interested in the rematch...Pitt is limited offensively, but that environment should be very...interesting in Pittsburgh.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

NFL got too giddy about the Browns in the first place; they put 'em in prime time way too many times this year and WAY before they ever did anything on the field to be worthy of it.

Clearly the Browns couldn't handle it.

And now the NFL reaps the harvest. Hopefully the NFL "de-platforms" the Browns for 2020 and until they actually have at least one winning season.

Blog Entries

Also: put your money down now. Steelers ain't losing that 12/1 game. No way, no how.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I agree...Browns might still have a shot due to just how easy the rest of their schedule is but...

Steelers offense is just so awful...I get pissed thinking back to our game, how the fuck did we allow them to score 23 points on us? Rudolph has grown into a "meh" backup type QB but he won't ever be anything more. I do absolutely LOVE their defense...they'd be a real threat if they had Ben IMHO. But as it is, that offense is just horrific. They got some luck to get to this point in the standings.

Browns...lol. They potentially just won a game that you'd think would propel them into a nice run to end the season, have the country positively talking about how nice a win this was on national television and it just feels like it was all ruined by the last couple seconds of the game. Even Browns players are saying that even though they won the game, the disgust and shock of what Garrett did made it feel like they lost (Mayfield and OBJ both said this).

I'm really interested in the rematch...Pitt is limited offensively, but that environment should be very...interesting in Pittsburgh.
    That sums it up pretty good RW. Mason is exposed when having to move the ball downfield thru the air. I'm disappointed, a lot of us had high hopes for Mason.
    I will be at Heinze Field for the rematch on December 1st. Should be a good one i imagine.
    Good luck this Sunday vs the Texans. I hope it airs over this way. Should be a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Also: put your money down now. Steelers ain't losing that 12/1 game. No way, no how.
    Must see TV

In a train-wreck sort of way

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    That sums it up pretty good RW. Mason is exposed when having to move the ball downfield thru the air. I'm disappointed, a lot of us had high hopes for Mason.
    I will be at Heinze Field for the rematch on December 1st. Should be a good one i imagine.
    Good luck this Sunday vs the Texans. I hope it airs over this way. Should be a great game.
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope the Steelers exact revenge in that game and blow the Browns out.

(without getting their players suspended for the season)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    thread theme on there seems to be, Pigsburgh had it coming.

I don't deny Steelers biggest thugs in the game last 10-15 years
    but no way that justifies what the Brownies did last night.
    ironic that they fired Greg Williams for headhunting years ago. now look at them.

I think Kitchens should go.
    That was just one comment most of them realize that it was way over the top.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    I'm very interested in how that atmosphere will be when the Browns go into Pittsburgh. Enjoy the game!
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.