Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Are Roman and Wink carrying Harbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Something interesting to think/debate about. How much credit should Harbs get for hiring them? How would this team look without them?
    Did Mantle & company make the Yankees sustaining winners during the 50's - or was it Casey Stengal managing to harness all the star power in the dugout to get them to pull all the loads of the season and World Series in the same direction. As we have seen in numerous teams, just having stars on the team is not enough - the TEAM has to work as a TEAM. It takes strong leadership to keep a organization moving forward over time - Harbs has kept the Ravens moving forward during his 12 years - in some cases making decent tasting lemonade out of the lemons that ended up on the roster for whatever reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    So in the offseason it was all about "Harbeckler won't allow anything innovative. Lamar will run 20 times a game".

Now it's "This is GRo's system".

This is sad.
    C’mon GWNR. This is basically the same system GRO ran in San Fran only with a far superior athlete at QB. So that being said the ROs work soo much better because Lamar is so elusive.

I’m not saying it’s a bad system. The whole castle has bought into it. Lamar, Andrews, Red Thor, Boyle , Ingram , and Hollywood. They make the system work. Right system , right players. I applaud EDC for getting guys GRO needs. GRO has the perfect system for this team as constructed now. But what does Harbs have to with it? He’s just a figure head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, Harbaugh took an all time average team and won a championship with it. So LOL at anyone saying he's being carried by anyone when he got the team to flip the switch in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    C’mon GWNR. This is basically the same system GRO ran in San Fran only with a far superior athlete at QB. So that being said the ROs work soo much better because Lamar is so elusive.

I’m not saying it’s a bad system. The whole castle has bought into it. Lamar, Andrews, Red Thor, Boyle , Ingram , and Hollywood. They make the system work. Right system , right players. I applaud EDC for getting guys GRO needs. GRO has the perfect system for this team as constructed now. But what does Harbs have to with it? He’s just a figure head.

So when the scheme isn't working (Trestman and MM) it's on Harbaugh for not haivng his own scheme.

But when the scheme is working he gets no credit.

Do you seriously not understand how unfair that assessment is?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Do you ever have anything positive to say?
    Yes. Just not about Harbeckler.

So when the scheme isn't working (Trestman and MM) it's on Harbaugh for not haivng his own scheme.

But when the scheme is working he gets no credit.

Do you seriously not understand how unfair that assessment is?
    It’s not. Harbs tried to force the WCO for years. It’s failed miserably. If Harbs had or has wanted a “run centric” offense after the Super Bowl ....then we coulda had a OC that had that system. Same on Defense. “Organized Chaos” is what works here best. We left that and went “bend don’t break” and now we’re basically back to Chaos and Surprise ....we’re winning with guys like Bynes! I’m not giving Harbs credit for someone else’s design. On either side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    LOL how would Garrett be an improvement over Harbaugh? Garrett always has a confused look on his face on the sidelines. Like he doesn't even know where he is, or what to do.
    I didn't say that Garrett should replace Harbaugh. I said that if Roman wants to be a head coach the Ravens should make him theirs and the Ravens should shop Harbaugh around - maybe to Dallas because Jerry Jones should be ready to move on from Garrett.

I guess I need to be expressing myself MORE SIMPLY here - connecting all the dots for those who can't

LOL

It’s not. Harbs tried to force the WCO for years. It’s failed miserably. If Harbs had or has wanted a “run centric” offense after the Super Bowl ....then we coulda had a OC that had that system. Same on Defense. “Organized Chaos” is what works here best. We left that and went “bend don’t break” and now we’re basically back to Chaos and Surprise ....we’re winning with guys like Bynes! I’m not giving Harbs credit for someone else’s design. On either side of the ball.

That's not his coaching style.

That's what you don't understand.

You're literally saying no matter what happens with this team Harbaugh won't get credit. IMO that lacks a complete understanding of what his coaching style is, how its a useful coaching style and why its successful.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

The entire intent (initial premise) of this thread has me SMH- its a joke!

John Harbaugh has been outstanding through many seasons and flavors keeping this team in contention year after year!

You may call him cornball, or mushy gushy, or whatever you want to call him.... but

any man humble enough to surround himself with coordinators SMARTER than himself and make it all work - is CEO and high level leadership material!

John is a top 5 head coach easily in this league. His character and integrity outshine the pompous genius traits that are sought after by so many at the head coach position where it leads to a 1 in a million Belichick hire..... but the vast majority of these- "so called geniuses" sit at the bottom of the division because they lack the character and steadiness and vision of a John Harbaugh!

This Ravens equation fails miserably without him at the helm!

That's not his coaching style.

That's what you don't understand.

You're literally saying no matter what happens with this team Harbaugh won't get credit. IMO that lacks a complete understanding of what his coaching style is, how its a useful coaching style and why its successful.
    CEO / Cheerleader is a coaching style?

Part of being a good coach is more than Xs and Os theory crafting.

Honestly man, if this is your perspective I'm not even going to engage.

Open your mind and let me know. You're just proving you know nothing about how coaching works in football.

Smfh.
    - Ray Lewis