Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Antonio Callaway Cut

Oh, and Antonio Callaway, we hardly knew ye

Next year Hollywood Higgins is out the door. I can't imagine him wanting to resign with that trash heap. Double up on Hollywoods?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    It would serve him to go to a good organization with a strong infrastructure like Baltimore or NE or even Pitt.
    Lol, Baltimore is not the town to play in if you can't keep your own nose clean. Our standup organization didn't work for Darren Waller.

He had to be spiraling out of control to get cut from that bunch of quality players in Cleveland..

4. Re: Antonio Callaway Cut

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Ya, Boyle/Hurst is our Hardman cause we're always in 2 TE sets.

And when Ricard is in, there's only 1 WR on the field.

Willie Snead is valuable in part because he does dirty work and doesn't complain about seeing too few targets.
    This isn't quite true. The Ravens still come out with 11 personnel more often than any other. They have 1 WR on the field ~22% of the time (and 0 WRs another 3%).

Hard agree about Snead though. He was an incredibly valuable find. Very glad they extended him already.

personnel Total Snap %
    0%
    1%
    47%
    19%
    7%
    9%
    15%
    3%

My numbers are slightly different from Sharp's (link), but the usage patterns are similar. Note that I treat Ricard as a RB. Also note that on J.Hurst's 7 snaps and RG3's 1 snap my numbers will make it seem like there are more WRs on the field than there are (because I don't treat J.Hurst as a TE or RG3 as a RB).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

I'm curious as to why some fans are continuously advocating for adding WRs to the team? This offense isn't built that way and I'm perfectly OK with that. Without looking it up I'm pretty certain this is one of the worst years receiving stat wise for the Ravens...yet they are #2 in YPG and #1 in PPG. Clamoring to add a big name WR just seems like outdated thinking IMO.
    They need grimey guys like Snead that don't mind doing some dirty work. Also, maybe give Boykins a chance to you know...develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I'm curious as to why some fans are continuously advocating for adding WRs to the team? This offense isn't built that way and I'm perfectly OK with that. Without looking it up I'm pretty certain this is one of the worst years receiving stat wise for the Ravens...yet they are #2 in YPG and #1 in PPG. Clamoring to add a big name WR just seems like outdated thinking IMO.
    They need grimey guys like Snead that don't mind doing some dirty work. Also, maybe give Boykins a chance to you know...develop.
    Pretty sure that's the idea. Ravens will draft a guy to replace Chris Moore and keep the rest. Maybe Antoine Wesley bumps Jaleel Scott or Seth Roberts off the roster.

Money's going to be invested elsewhere. AJ Green might be the exception to that but only at the Ravens' price.

I love Callaway, but he's not playing till next year. I'd take a flyer with him

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Pretty sure that's the idea. Ravens will draft a guy to replace Chris Moore and keep the rest. Maybe Antoine Wesley bumps Jaleel Scott or Seth Roberts off the roster.

Money's going to be invested elsewhere. AJ Green might be the exception to that but only at the Ravens' price.
    Right, but you wonder what an older and possibly gimpy AJ really adds to the Ravens offense? What the ravens actually need at the WR position is a Hines Ward clone...I truly believe that pure WRs would be wasted here. Super fast guys like Hollywood or big bodied possession type guys seem like better fits. And then fill in with guys that have a FBs mentality. I'd rather be on a quest to find the next Mark Andrews and draft/sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I love Callaway, but he's not playing till next year. I'd take a flyer with him
    I don't. I'm not a fan of guys with loads of talent that can't seem to get their shit together. Even when they seem ok, you are always holding your breath as a fan and waiting for them to fuck up again. I'm sure the Raiders feel like they choose wisely with Waller after his repeated failures here. And maybe there's some thought that Calloway could benefit in the same way and finally turn it around. But I'd rather not be the team taking that chance. You could get Minnesota Cris Carter...or you could get Josh Gordon.

I don't. I'm not a fan of guys with loads of talent that can't seem to get their shit together. Even when they seem ok, you are always holding your breath as a fan and waiting for them to fuck up again. I'm sure the Raiders feel like they choose wisely with Waller after his repeated failures here. And maybe there's some thought that Calloway could benefit in the same way and finally turn it around. But I'd rather not be the team taking that chance. You could get Minnesota Cris Carter...or you could get Josh Gordon.
    And what's the cost? A 2018 4th rounder on his rookie deal. Very low risk move. If you get "Chris Carter"? High reward. If Jordan Lasley? Cut him. I'd sign him now. If he hits then he plays week 4 in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    And what's the cost? A 2018 4th rounder on his rookie deal. Very low risk move. If you get "Chris Carter"? High reward. If Jordan Lasley? Cut him. I'd sign him now. If he hits then he plays week 4 in 2020.
    Fair enough...I just disagree that it's even worth it.

Fair enough...I just disagree that it's even worth it.
    Understood. But look at Darren Waller and how well he's doing? But I get your point.