Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Lamar in Football Outsiders Film Room

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    You don’t get 15/17, with one spike and one drop by chance. If he averages 6+ on the run and 8+ when passing its pick your poison time. His accuracy over the middle to his TE is dynamic. It moves the ball right down the field. If this team is healthy it matches up well against any team in the NFL. Grind out four long TD drives with a dominate running game and you shorten the game plus keep your defense strong for late in the game.
    Just for fun: Lamar has already exceeded 80% passing twice in just 16 starts (minimum 10 attempts). Michael Vick, the closest the league has ever seen to a QB with the running ability that Lamar has, never had an 80% passing game. Not once, in his entire career. So, there's that, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    IMO Lamar Jackson was not a good passer last year, alot of mistakes, ugly Ints too many fumbles and some of the ugliest incompletetions ever thrown and bad mechanics. Of course he was a rook so its whatever but what i saw was not good, not terrible but yeah.

And now hes deal'n dimes and is the MVP cawcaw mfers
    He showed a little bit of his passing nuance last season. It's clear that he was still adjusting to the speed of the game and also he didn't take enough reps with the starters in training camp.

Blog Entries

Even my Pats fan friend conceded the total dominance in that game by the Ravens. But he also said “but he can’t pass for shit”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Even my Pats fan friend conceded the total dominance in that game by the Ravens. But he also said “but he can’t pass for shit”
    I thought it was his passing in the second half that won the game. The timely throws to get the 3rd/4th down plays allowed those drives to be so long.