Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: The impending implosion of the left

Just checking to see what crap the left will make up today. Are there any star witnesses planned today?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Nixon destroyed/hid incriminating evidence (sound familiar) which would've proven his association with the Watergate robbery...and Congress was going to impeach him for it. They were 100% going to get a Congressional majority to remove him from office. It was a formality at that point. When it's beyond obvious that you're engaged in a clear coverup of a crime and evidence is being destroyed...Congress has to act. THAT is when impeachment makes sense.

He resigned before the hammer dropped.

Nowadays, Congress is actively looking for ANYTHING to impeach the President over. ANYTHING. It's being used for political purposes because the people in power are losing that power and they know it.
    This article is over a year old, but bears taking a look. Supposedly, Trump rid his cabinet of globalists with the firing of Tillerson. Could that be the real impetus behind the impeachment hearings?

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ght-ncna860221
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This article is over a year old, but bears taking a look. Supposedly, Trump rid his cabinet of globalists with the firing of Tillerson. Could that be the real impetus behind the impeachment hearings?

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ght-ncna860221
    Even though I want to wait out all the hearings, interviews etc before drawing any major conclusions, I think that many are freaking out about everything surrounding Trumps presidency, and I wouldn´t be shocked if many grasp for anything to try and get to him before he does something truly crazy that risk having even worse effects than say this latest hiccup on Turkey/Syria. Which may very well turn out to be a disaster in the coming decade. Wheather you wanna call them globalists or not, most people realize that isolationism in todays world would be a disaster in the long run, and yeah, I think many are alarmed enough to grasp for anything.

That being said, I do think there´s cause for concern about the whole Ukraine-story and Trumps belief in Crowdstrike-alt-right-myths/propaganda. Enough to eventually remove him from office? Not so sure yet, but (despite what soem write here) a lot that´s coming out doesn´t look good for this administration, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Even though I want to wait out all the hearings, interviews etc before drawing any major conclusions, I think that many are freaking out about everything surrounding Trumps presidency, and I wouldn´t be shocked if many grasp for anything to try and get to him before he does something truly crazy that risk having even worse effects than say this latest hiccup on Turkey/Syria. Which may very well turn out to be a disaster in the coming decade. Wheather you wanna call them globalists or not, most people realize that isolationism in todays world would be a disaster in the long run, and yeah, I think many are alarmed enough to grasp for anything.

That being said, I do think there´s cause for concern about the whole Ukraine-story and Trumps belief in Crowdstrike-alt-right-myths/propaganda. Enough to eventually remove him from office? Not so sure yet, but (despite what soem write here) a lot that´s coming out doesn´t look good for this administration, to say the least.
    I keep hearing the left say bad info is coming out that makes the admin look bad. Or trumps actions were criminal. Or his actions were so bad, he should be allowed a second term.

But no one is able to list with these actions are.

Basically, trump is going presidential things. The same that most past presidents did. And the left is upset, why? Because (as liberal politicians have said), they have to impeach him, because they can’t let him be president.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    There's an African proverb that states that when an elder dies, a library burns to the ground.
    That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I keep hearing the left say bad info is coming out that makes the admin look bad. Or trumps actions were criminal. Or his actions were so bad, he should be allowed a second term.

But no one is able to list with these actions are.
    Dude. ALL of the info that has been coming out makes the administration look bad.

And you're sticking your fingers in your ears shouting "LA LA LA LA LA NO ONE CAN POINT TO ANY SPECIFIC ACTIONS LA LA LA LA!"

I saw an interesting piece the other day, I tought in the WashPost, headlined something like "What you think think about impeachment probably depends on what network you watch." I just tried to find it; I only came up with this:

Fox News isn’t talking about key impeachment witnesses nearly as much as the other networks
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ther-networks/
    (paywalled I guess Vlad, sorry)

I don't think this is the same piece; although it hits many of the same points, and has similar graphs. Anyway, here's quotes from this piece:

MSNBC and CNN talked more about the whistleblower in the days immediately after the launch of the impeachment inquiry — days when the whistleblower complaint was first released. In short order, House committees began interviewing witnesses with direct evidence about the Trump administration’s interactions with Ukraine, rendering the whistleblower themselves less important.

Fox News, though, kept talking about the whistleblower. Reports of a possible second whistleblower spurred a spike in mentions on the network, often derisive ones.

Those actual witnesses have not been as interesting to Fox. They were two to three times less likely to talk about former Ukraine special envoy Kurt Volker over the past five weeks than were CNN or MSNBC. Fox was more than six times less likely to mention U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, who has emerged as a central figure in the administration’s efforts to cajole Ukraine into launching investigations that could benefit Trump politically. They were more than four times less likely to talk about acting ambassador Bill Taylor than the other networks, even after his testimony directly implicated the administration in a quid pro quo.

Over the past week, Fox News was five times less likely to talk about Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman than were CNN and MSNBC ....

Again, it is not that Fox News is not talking about these issues at all. Nor is it necessarily the case that CNN and MSNBC are talking about them at precisely the right levels. But it is illustrative of the point with which we began. If you rely on Fox News for coverage of the impeachment, you are a lot less likely to hear about things that have proved to be of enormous importance to the question of what Trump and his team did in regard to Ukraine.
    I don't think this is the same piece I read before – if it is, then they've edited it significantly. Reason I say that is, the piece I read before talked about the items on-screen (chyrons?) when witnesses were testifying. When Bill Taylor was testifying, on MSNBC & CNN the bullet-points on-screen described Taylor as a West Point grad class of ’69, Vietnam War veteran, Bronze Star recipient, served in the state dept under six presidents: typical resume items. On Fox, the bullet-points on-screen described Taylor as a Never Trumper, and other things.

Dammit, I wish I could find the reference now. Would like to list the "other things", but I don't remember them. I'll update if I again stumble across the original thing I read.