Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Will Lamar's Presence Lure Talent To The Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I would think some high end skill players on losing teams see the Big Game potential here and would want to be part of a team that can pave the way to a ring.
    Honestly, I don't think NFL players are similar to NBA players... Salaries are different and most NFL players leave for money more than anything

Blog Entries

I wouldn’t even say it’s a diva mentality. Bringing in a DeAndre Hopkins and making him do that much blocking is not making good use of what he does best. What’s the point of having a high quality WR if you’re not going to throw to him? So, this offense will likely run through the TEs for the foreseeable future, due to their importance in the offense.

It's already happening.

Domata Peko:

"Domata Peko worked out for the Ravens a couple weeks ago and got an offer, but didn’t accept. At that time, he didn’t feel like it was the right fit.

Instead, Peko bided his time hanging out in California, coaching his kid’s youth football team and using team drills as a way to stay in shape.

Then he watched Lamar Jackson and the Ravens beat the undefeated New England Patriots and blow out the Cincinnati Bengals.

“Just watching them play and how it’s exciting it’s been, I was like, ‘Man, did I make a mistake?’” Peko said Wednesday before his first practice. “I prayed about it. I felt like God opened the door again for me. Once he opened that door again, I said I got to go.

“I get to play with Lamar Jackson. That’s freaking awesome. This guy is unreal. He’s something you haven’t seen in a while. He brings some excitement to the game and he’s probably one of the most exciting quarterbacks to watch right now. It’s fun to be a part of it.”

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Imagine a healthy AJ Green...
    That's the only way we've been able to see him in recent years, in our imagination.

Being winners w/attract free agents, certainly. And having Lamar won't hurt.That w/b particularly true if the word goes out that Ravens seek a certain position or positions. Every free agent pass rusher or Dtackle in the NFL w/line up at the door.But salary cap is ultimately the determining factor.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    Being winners w/attract free agents, certainly. And having Lamar won't hurt.That w/b particularly true if the word goes out that Ravens seek a certain position or positions. Every free agent pass rusher or Dtackle in the NFL w/line up at the door.But salary cap is ultimately the determining factor.
    Yes and no - I think we may actually see guy is willing to take a hometown discount to stay here given the recent success and closeness of the team. But you are right, we’re attractive to FAs because we’re winning (which is in part due to Lamar).

NO to AJ Green:
    1) Salary cap issues
    2) Money better spent on D. where Ravens have needs
    3) 4-year contract = 11 games in the lineup
    4) (a subtle but important factor) Ravens system involves using many different people on offense, thereby driving defensive coordinators to madness: 3 tight ends at once for one thing.They don't operate under a star system.
    5) One Hollywood gets health back, we won't need another deep threat.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That's the only way we've been able to see him in recent years, in our imagination.
    Lmaoooo

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Green scares me. I stay away from him. He is starting to break down. Played 10 games in 2016, 16 games in 2017, 9 games in 2018 and hasn't played yet this year. Plus he will be 32 years old next year.

Some team is going to overpay for Green and regret it. Green is a right player, right price type free agent. Watch the Redskins break the bank for him.
    I think this is good for us because it means he won't be as expensive as he would've been had he been putting up huge numbers and playing all season these past few years. I don't think he'll be as expensive as people think and he has to realize he's at an age where his body won't hold up much longer...not for football anyway. He shouldn't be as concerned about the numbers at this point and should be going for a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    NO to AJ Green:
    1) Salary cap issues
    2) Money better spent on D. where Ravens have needs
    3) 4-year contract = 11 games in the lineup
    4) (a subtle but important factor) Ravens system involves using many different people on offense, thereby driving defensive coordinators to madness: 3 tight ends at once for one thing.They don't operate under a star system.
    5) One Hollywood gets health back, we won't need another deep threat.
    All good points. I see him as being like Steve Smith when we brought him in. He'd definitely make some big plays with us. Green opposite Hollywood along with Lamar, Ingram, Andrews...our offense would be downright scary.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    All good points. I see him as being like Steve Smith when we brought him in. He'd definitely make some big plays with us. Green opposite Hollywood along with Lamar, Ingram, Andrews ...
    Miles Boykin next 5 years > AJ Green next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    ...our offense would be downright scary.
    We are literally leading the league in scoring, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Miles Boykin next 5 years > AJ Green next 5 years.

We are literally leading the league in scoring, right now.
    Get pass rushers, maybe another great corner to replace Jimmy, shore up Yanda's position, and crazy as this may sound, maybe another great running back. Oh yea, and a WR.