Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Is Lamar paving the way for the eventual return of Colin Kapernick

He can't play anymore CK he had his chance and blew it. This is just a PR spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    I think the league realizes that Kapernick and RG3 aren't even remotely close to the skill level of Lamar Jackson.

They can try and copycat all they want, but if you don't have THE Cat, it's just plain ole RPO
    Not relevant, just a pet peeve. I’m not trying to call you out specifically, because it’s pretty rampant. Fans and commentators alike seem to use RPO and Read Option interchangeably when they’re completely different concepts.

RPO stands for Run Pass Option, and doesn’t require a mobile QB at all. The most successful recent RPO QB was Nick Foles. The Eagles ran a ton of them on their road to the SB and I don’t think anyone would confuse Foles with a mobile QB.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    He can't play anymore
    And you know this how – ?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I hear you. You're right, of course.

It's still better than nothing. (Maybe.) I shouldn't have implied they (NFL) were being really nice: I meant more like, it's nice to see something happen, at all.

Possibly more a signal than anything else. An "okay to sign" stamp from the league offices. That's useful too.
    I don’t think it’s “something” at all. They don’t want him signed. What they want is to get back out in front of the PR battle.

seems more like a move the NFL would make to try to prove in court that they weren't blackballing him. on several occasions teams have trotted out truly awful QBs where no legitimate argument could be made that their QB was better than Kap, or offered a better chance to win. the move is clearly designed to put Kap in an impossible situation. if he goes along with the charade he gives credit to the NFL's argument that they tried. if he calls the league out for what is clearly a sham, the league gets to say they tried to help him but he didn't want their help. It's a win-win situation for the league. Kap could run a 4.2 and hit a receiver in stride on a 90 yard go route and he will still be sitting around in his PJs on Sundays like the rest of us. I wish the league would just stop it already. This is just being a sore winner.

They were hoping that by ignoring this long enough he would go away on his own. But he hasn’t. He’s still working out and his agent is still calling teams and talking to the media.

So they decided to host this last minute “it has to be on Saturday only and we won’t explain why” workout/stunt, so when 12 interns show up and he doesn’t get any offers they can shrug their shoulders and say “we tried, its not our fault he’s not good enough”

That’s not a gesture, or a sign of movement. It’s an organization that’s tired of this story doing what they can to make it so they don’t have to deal with it anymore.

I don't understand people saying Kaep is too old at 32. That's a QB's prime - it's certainly far from over the hill. And he's not been out of the league that long by back up standards. Matt Schaub hadn't taken an NFL snap in about 3 years when came in for Atlanta. Denver's QB had been on the street for a while and came right in and started.

I also don't understand why people are pointing he's not as good as Lamar. Of course he isn't. He just needs to be better than Blake Bortles or Jeff Driskol to be worth a roster spot somewhere.

CK he had his chance and blew it.
    When?

Matt Moore for the Chiefs was coaching high school football. He came back and played well for KC. It doesn’t take pro athletes long to get up to speed. Look at Bynes and Fort.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    And you know this how – ?
    He's a 220 pound vegan running qb who hasn't played competitive football in 3 years. I mean what do you think?

Do you think you can just pluck retired guys off the street who haven't played profressional football in years and throw them into games? Nice thought but it took Vick what a year after being away for two years to get back into a NFL game and that was a guy who was in his prime.

He's a 220 pound vegan running qb who hasn't played competitive football in 3 years. I mean what do you think?

Do you think you can just pluck retired guys off the street who haven't played profressional football in years and throw them into games? Nice thought but it took Vick what a year after being away for two years to get back into a NFL game and that was a guy who was in his prime.
    What does him being a vegan have to do with anything? Gerald McCoy is a vegan and he’s one of the baddest dudes in the NFL

Blog Entries

The only teams that could attend that workout without disrupting their other operations are the ones on bye weeks: GBY, SEA, TEN, NYG. Unlikely either GBY or SEA would be interested.

Anyone who considers the abrupt and bizarre arrangements surrounding this "workout" ought to recognize it as the No Fun League's clumsy bad-faith attempt to cover their rather badly exposed collective arse & ensure no one signs him. I'd love to see an owner flip the bird at Roger Greedell & his Barely Men by signing Kaep anyway.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!