Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Is Lamar paving the way for the eventual return of Colin Kapernick

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    [FONT="]Jeff ZrebiecVerified account @jeffzrebiec 4m4 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

Harbaugh said he doesn’t know whether the Ravens will be represented at Kaepernick’s workout Saturday.
    I'm guessing the coaches want to be, as before, but they have to check with Steve Biscuits.

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    One of the things we keep hearing is how hard it is to prepare for Lamar. No one on the scout team is capable of doing what Lamar does. I don't think Kap can either, but he's closer than most.

I could see The Hoodie picking him up just to backup and run the scout team.
    I didn't even consider this angle, that would be fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Honestly I'm surprised the NFL is even hosting this event.
    What event?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It won't end well for them
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post
    I'd love us to bring him in to back up Lamar.
    That horse probably left the barn when the lady DJ sent that tweet.

I'd love us to bring him in to back up Lamar. With Kaepernick playing in our system we'd still be a dangerous team, even if Lamar was out.

RG3 still has the speed to be effective in our system but he seems to be too conservative, both with runs and passes, to actually make it work.
    MacSorley looked promising but, while he can scramble, he's not a threatening runner so it completely alters the system. Kaep's the only QB I can think of who might be able to seemlessly back up Lamar.
    It would have to be at a reasonable price. It's a good place for him too because there will not be a ton of pressure for him to take over from people who might want to make some sort of controversy as to why he's not starting based on race etc. in case QB1 does not perform. For 1 thing, I'm not worried about Lamar ever not performing and Lamar is not a white dude (captain obvious here). Can't manufacture that sort of outrage here.

The only thing I think the Ravens would worry about is creating any sort of negative incentive for the people who Love Lamar but have big issues with the anthem thing and there lies the rub.

How he will handle the anthem thing going forward would be the 800lb gorilla in the room. It's kind of Kapernick's brand now. I don't know. That thing has kind of taken on a life of it's own unfortunately.

Ravens have such a great story and narrative in Lamar right now. Why would they want anything to take any oxygen from it. Lamar is going to be marketing gold for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    What event?

The NFL is holding a private workout for Kaep in Atlanta this Saturday. Any and all teams can come check it out. Sounds like a stunt by the league to put this whole thing to rest. If he works out for all who show up, and no offer is made, the NFL can say they tried to get him back in. At least that is my take on it.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    I assume they're betting on Kaep not performing very well at the workout? I mean he is 32 years old and has been out of football for years. If he misses a couple throws the NFL cal be like "see he isn't good this isn't collusion!" It's a fucking shame, the guy was still solid when he got blackballed out of the league.
    I think they were hoping he would decline. That’s the only explanation I can think of as to why they would offer to host it but only under these strange, last minute, Saturday-only circumstances. If they could leak that they offered a workout and he declined that would go pretty damn far in terms of putting this whole thing to bed.

I seriously hope the ravens don't entertain trading RG3. From what I've read there's a really good rapport between him and LJ. If LJ should get injured now or even next year I do not feel McSorley can answer the call. We're in that small window (LJ's rookie contract) to win a championship. If LJ gets hurt would rather our fate lie in RG3's hands and not McSorley's.

I'm guessing the coaches want to be, as before, but they have to check with Steve Biscuits.
    I mean they also probably want to be in Baltimore preparing for the Texans game the next day instead of flying to and from Atlanta to scout a potential backup QB. That’s why the NFL’s refusal to have it on Tuesday, like any other workout, seems to indicate this is not being done in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I seriously hope the ravens don't entertain trading RG3. From what I've read there's a really good rapport between him and LJ. If LJ should get injured now or even next year I do not feel McSorley can answer the call. We're in that small window (LJ's rookie contract) to win a championship. If LJ gets hurt would rather our fate lie in RG3's hands and not McSorley's.
    Remember the conspiracy threads this offseason about how RGIII secretly hated/resented Lamar? That shit was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    The NFL is holding a private workout for Kaep in Atlanta this Saturday. Any and all teams can come check it out. Sounds like a stunt by the league to put this whole thing to rest. If he works out for all who show up, and no offer is made, the NFL can say they tried to get him back in. At least that is my take on it.
    Interesting!

I’m just getting word from my representatives that the NFL league office reached out to them about a workout in Atlanta on Saturday. I’ve been in shape and ready for this for 3 years, can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs on Saturday.
    NFL teams were invited Tuesday, via a memo sent by the league office, to attend Saturday’s private workout, which will be held at the Atlanta Falcons’ training facility in Flowery Branch, Ga. Kaepernick is to perform on-field drills and participate in an interview. Video of the workout and interview will be made available to all 32 NFL teams, according to a person familiar with the arrangements.
    Kaepernick’s representatives were told Tuesday morning that the workout had been scheduled for Saturday, according to a person familiar with the deliberations.
    Officials involved with the NFL scouting combine will be given a role in organizing Kaepernick’s workout. Representatives of all teams gather annually in Indianapolis in February to evaluate college players eligible for that year’s draft. But it’s highly unusual for the league to have a role in arranging what amounts to a tryout for a single player. Such workouts generally take place at the practice facility of any team interested in signing that player.

“Earlier this year, we discussed some possible steps with his representatives and they recently emphasized his level of preparation and that he is ready to work out for clubs and be interviewed by them,” Tuesday’s memo from the league to teams stated. “We have therefore arranged this opportunity for him to work out, and for all clubs to have the opportunity to evaluate his current readiness and level of interest in resuming his NFL career.”

It's a tough time of year to try to get onto a roster. This move would have been a lot more useful in May or June.

Still a nice gesture. Puts to bed any question about ongoing blacklist. (Not about a prior blacklist, but ongoing.)

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean they also probably want to be in Baltimore preparing for the Texans game the next day instead of flying to and from Atlanta to scout a potential backup QB. That’s why the NFL’s refusal to have it on Tuesday, like any other workout, seems to indicate this is not being done in good faith.
    I meant the coaches would want our scouts to be there but, as Saturday is a college football day, it still indicates bad faith.