Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast

Re: Is Lamar paving the way for the eventual return of Colin Kapernick

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    No it's not it's about having respect for others while trying to bring attention to what many feel (including myself) is an important issue and no the righteousness of the cause doesn't absolve you from acting like a decent person to those around you during an anthem, church, or funeral services.

And the rights of black people while important do not trump paying respect to those that died to keep this nation free, those that died for emancipation, and those that continue to die everyday.
    That's right, Colin! Shut up and play football! HOW DARE you disrespect the people who fight to preserve this country, that doesn't protect the rights of its black citizens???

Keapernick supporters claim it is not about the flag or the anthem
    Come on, Boller. That's the WHOLE fucking message. If one segment of the population is not getting the rights of citizenship, then exactly what the hell are they supposed to be so "grateful" for?

Good lord. Go read some Frederick Douglass. Educate yourself a little.

The thing is the protest was never meant to bring people people together it was intentionally meant to be divisive that is how HE choose to bring attention to the cause.
    Definition of "protest":

An activity designed to make everyone feel warm & good & comfortable about the way things are going.

Right?

He in large part has reaped what he sowed
    That's right! Call attention to police murders of unarmed black men, and you deserve never to work at your job again. Cause & effect, plain and simple. Reap the whirlwind.

He continues to link the support of the flag with police brutality
    You're using the present-tense. When are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    That's right, Colin! Shut up and play football! HOW DARE you disrespect the people who fight to preserve this country, that doesn't protect the rights of its black citizens???

Come on, Boller. That's the WHOLE fucking message. If one segment of the population is not getting the rights of citizenship, then exactly what the hell are they supposed to be so "grateful" for?

Good lord. Go read some Frederick Douglass. Educate yourself a little.

Definition of "protest":

An activity designed to make everyone feel warm & good & comfortable about the way things are going.

Right?

That's right! Call attention to police murders of unarmed black men, and you deserve never to work at your job again. Cause & effect, plain and simple. Reap the whirlwind.

You're using the present-tense. When are you referring to?

What rights am I not receiving that the majority of this country is experiencing?

2016 FBI data showed us the reality of this message to be false. White men are more likely to be shot and have fatal interaction with LEOs than any other demographic per capita.

This isnt economics but I'm still versed in statistics, if you need clarity I'll be happy to oblige.

Blog Entries

Does this seem like a guy that is dying to get back into the NFL? Who dictates the terms of a tryout like he did if he was really serious about impressing some team.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/16/colin...pute-with-nfl/

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Does this seem like a guy that is dying to get back into the NFL?
    I haven't clicked your link – is it about today(Saturday)'s workout, and the shenanigans surrounding? We've got a thread "upstairs" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    This isnt economics but I'm still versed in statistics, if you need clarity I'll be happy to oblige.
    Evidently I do! Please go ahead.

6. Re: Is Lamar paving the way for the eventual return of Colin Kapernick

I haven't clicked your link – is it about today(Saturday)'s workout, and the shenanigans surrounding? We've got a thread "in the dumpster about it.
    Updated it for you, JimBob.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Updated it for you, JimBob.
    Shocking that kap moved the workout last min. Shocking

If you take a sampling of 100 black men and 100 white men who have had interactions with police based upon criminal activities, more white men would have been shot and killed. There was a study conducted a few years ago by a Harvard professor which pointed out these results, and another in August of this year that goes into more depth.https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

"A persistent point of debate in studying police use of force concerns how to calculate racial disparities. Racial disparities in fatal shootings have traditionally been tested by asking whether officers fatally shoot a racial group more than some benchmark, such as that group’s population proportion in the United States. Disparity is assumed when the rate of fatal shootings deviates from this benchmark. For example, 26% of civilians killed by police shootings in 2015 were Black (3, 14), even though Black civilians comprise only 12% of the US population. According to this 12% benchmark, more Black civilians are fatally shot than we would expect, indicating disparity. News organizations and researchers using this method (12, 15⇓⇓⇓–19) find robust evidence of anti-Black disparity in fatal shootings.

However, using population as a benchmark makes the strong assumption that White and Black civilians have equal exposure to situations that result in FOIS. If there are racial differences in exposure to these situations, calculations of racial disparity based on population benchmarks will be misleading (20, 21). Researchers have attempted to avoid this issue by using race-specific violent crime as a benchmark, as the majority of FOIS involve armed civilians (22). When violent crime is used as a benchmark, anti-Black disparities in FOIS disappear or even reverse (20, 23⇓–25)."
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I'm well wersed with NBER so I'll start there.

But on my first point, what rights am I excluded to that the majority of this country has currently?

"On non-lethal uses of force, there are racial differences – sometimes quite large
    – in police use of force, even after accounting for a large set of controls designed to account for
    important contextual and behavioral factors at the time of the police-civilian interaction. Interestingly, as use of force increases from putting hands on a civilian to striking them with a baton, the
    overall probability of such an incident occurring decreases dramatically but the racial difference
    remains roughly constant. Even when officers report civilians have been compliant and no arrest
    was made, blacks are 21.2 percent more likely to endure some form of force in an interaction. Yet,
    on the most extreme use of force – officer-involved shootings – we are unable to detect any racial
    differences in either the raw data or when accounting for controls."

https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

This doesn't even take into account the fact that black Americans are responsible for near 50% of violent crime in the US which directly leads me to this point. I'm more likely to interact with a police officer than you just on raw data.

I'm well wersed with NBER so I'll start there.

But on my first point, what rights am I excluded to that the majority of this country has currently?

"On non-lethal uses of force, there are racial differences – sometimes quite large
    – in police use of force, even after accounting for a large set of controls designed to account for
    important contextual and behavioral factors at the time of the police-civilian interaction. Interestingly, as use of force increases from putting hands on a civilian to striking them with a baton, the
    overall probability of such an incident occurring decreases dramatically but the racial difference
    remains roughly constant. Even when officers report civilians have been compliant and no arrest
    was made, blacks are 21.2 percent more likely to endure some form of force in an interaction. Yet,
    on the most extreme use of force – officer-involved shootings – we are unable to detect any racial
    differences in either the raw data or when accounting for controls."

https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

This doesn't even take into account the fact that black Americans are responsible for near 50% of violent crime in the US which directly leads me to this point. I'm more likely to interact with a police officer than you just on raw data.
    Actually, you are just admitting to being a criminal.

If you aren’t a criminal, you are no more likely to encounter police than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Actually, you are just admitting to being a criminal.

If you aren’t a criminal, you are no more likely to encounter police than anyone else.
    While true, the amount of laws on the books make it near impossible to not at least enter a grey area every day while driving. I think I've done a rolling red far too many times for my liking to admit.

You are right though, LEO interaction is based on criminality and guess what black americans are far more likely to be committing crimes than we would like to admit. Isn't it odd, we see a problem and instead address it people are afraid to confront issues due to progressiveness mental illness.

While true, the amount of laws on the books make it near impossible to not at least enter a grey area every day while driving. I think I've done a rolling red far too many times for my liking to admit.

You are right though, LEO interaction is based on criminality and guess what black americans are far more likely to be committing crimes than we would like to admit. Isn't it odd, we see a problem and instead address it people are afraid to confront issues due to progressiveness mental illness.
    The amount of laws shouldn’t have an impact on being a criminal it’s about right and wrong. If I roll through a red light, I would expect a ticket of about $200 and increase in my insurance. So I stop at all red lights. I keep a dash cam running at all times just in case I am mistakenly pulled over