Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Re: Is Lamar paving the way for the eventual return of Colin Kapernick

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Hmm...

Let's me try to flip this by telling a FICTION story

(Start of story)

Let's say there was this grandfather who lived in Martinsburg WV. Worked at a factory. Didn't have much. He married, had 5 kids. With the amount of money he was making, they were satisfied, enough to be ok. Wife didn't work. This was not odd for them, because it is the same story for everyone else in the city.

His 2 sons also grew up and worked for the factory. His 3 daughters got pregnant. Two married locals. One is a single mom.

The 1980's roll around. The factory closes. The town is scrambling to replace the opportunities. Many folks compensate by drinking, doping, and smoking. There aren't any new housing developments. People are living ontop of each other. Crime increases due to the excesses of the aforementioned compensating bad behaviors. The folks who had money, business owners, leave town. They "flight" because they hate what their town has become.

The 1990's are here. A decade of problems, but folks are still living. There aren't as many two parent households. The offspring of the families who once had factory jobs are still living in town. Some rely on government cheese, some have two jobs, some not working at all. A few left the city for a better life. Life expectancy is dropping due to the excess of bad behaviors and a lack of health insurance. However life goes on.

Today, factory hasn't opened up. The new excess of choice are opioids. Crime is still high. The cycle is hard to break. 25 years have passed and for a lot of families, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. These generation of kids grew up with watching their parents accept failure. Not striving for more. It's all they know. It's been normalized.

(End of story)

I say this to say to you that this isn't a "black" thing. The above story reflect a lot of cities across the USA that are majority white and republican. These towns have the same issues as our urban majority black cities. If you substitute the loss of Bethlehem Steel, crack, and a generation of kids learning failure from their parents and grand parents.

Obviously, urban cities are larger than small towns. The sheer size and numbers make it seem a thousand times worse... But it's all the same. Small town, large city... It's all the same. Poverty is the root of the problem.

*My apologies if my example of Martinsburg is wrong. I just googled searched a small poor city in America.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    That is a great story, but why did you quote me? Your story had nothing to do with my suggestion that fatherless homes lead to more crime. And blacks have twice as many fatherless homes as whites. These are just facts.

The only opinion was why I think it is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Curious why you left out the number one reason that blacks commit more crimes.

Lack of father figures. There are numerous studies that show children raised by single mothers are more likely to be in poverty, have behavior issues, drop out of school, and commit crimes

Only 1/3 of black children are living with both parents. For whites the number is double.

This is the problem. Not bad cops, or racism, or aliens.

The real question ( in any politician or social justice warrior cared) is why? Why do black men leave thier children? Or why do black women leave the father? I have a guess. I think gov subsidies makes it very favorable for the father to be void.

But let’s keep blaming bad cops, it’s so much easier
    Lack of father issues caused partially by bad laws and poverty. This is why this is such a convoluted issue, because lack of a father figure is a reason, but what causes the lack of father issues.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Lack of father issues caused partially by bad laws and poverty. This is why this is such a convoluted issue, because lack of a father figure is a reason, but what causes the lack of father issues.
    That is where my opinion came in.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Hmm...

Let's me try to flip this by telling a FICTION story

(Start of story)

Let's say there was this grandfather who lived in Martinsburg WV. Worked at a factory. Didn't have much. He married, had 5 kids. With the amount of money he was making, they were satisfied, enough to be ok. Wife didn't work. This was not odd for them, because it is the same story for everyone else in the city.

His 2 sons also grew up and worked for the factory. His 3 daughters got pregnant. Two married locals. One is a single mom.

The 1980's roll around. The factory closes. The town is scrambling to replace the opportunities. Many folks compensate by drinking, doping, and smoking. There aren't any new housing developments. People are living ontop of each other. Crime increases due to the excesses of the aforementioned compensating bad behaviors. The folks who had money, business owners, leave town. They "flight" because they hate what their town has become.

The 1990's are here. A decade of problems, but folks are still living. There aren't as many two parent households. The offspring of the families who once had factory jobs are still living in town. Some rely on government cheese, some have two jobs, some not working at all. A few left the city for a better life. Life expectancy is dropping due to the excess of bad behaviors and a lack of health insurance. However life goes on.

Today, factory hasn't opened up. The new excess of choice are opioids. Crime is still high. The cycle is hard to break. 25 years have passed and for a lot of families, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. These generation of kids grew up with watching their parents accept failure. Not striving for more. It's all they know. It's been normalized.

(End of story)

I say this to say to you that this isn't a "black" thing. The above story reflect a lot of cities across the USA that are majority white and republican. These towns have the same issues as our urban majority black cities. If you substitute the loss of Bethlehem Steel, crack, and a generation of kids learning failure from their parents and grand parents.

Obviously, urban cities are larger than small towns. The sheer size and numbers make it seem a thousand times worse... But it's all the same. Small town, large city... It's all the same. Poverty is the root of the problem.

*My apologies if my example of Martinsburg is wrong. I just googled searched a small poor city in America.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. Poverty is the root cause for crime and the past sixty years have seen an outflow of businesses from inner cities and small towns built around factories.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock