Lamar Wins AFC Offensive Player of the Week (Again)

Three times in nine games seems like a pretty decent ratio.

How long has this award been around, and what's the record for most times winning it in one season?

Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Wins AFC Offensive Player of the Week (Again)

3 in 9 games. That's incredible.

Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson takes second straight AFC offensive player of the week :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-of-the-week/

"Jackson has been named the AFC’s offensive player of the week for his performance against the Bengals in Week 10. It’s the third time and second week in a row that Jackson has been so honored this season."

... Bc

I wonder what's the most times a player has won the award in one year

FWIW in 136 games as a Raven, Joe won it 3 times.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

6. Re: Lamar Wins AFC Offensive Player of the Week (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I wonder what's the most times a player has won the award in one year
    Looks like 2007 Brady with 5. 1998 Terrell Davis, 2004 Peyton Manning, and 2006 LaDanian Tomlinson each won 4. 14 players (my wording is a bit off here, doesn't have to be 14 different players, but 14 player-seasons is confusing) have won 3.

(It's possible that I've missed some because I was too lazy to split co-PoWs on their own.)

edit: ack! I only did AFC PoW. 2015 Cam won 5, 1997 Barry Sanders, 2004 Daunte Culpepper, and 2014 Aaron Rodgers won 4. A player has won 3 NFC PoWs in one season 18 times.

All together, 2 players have 5, 6 players have 4, a player has won 3 PoWs in one season 32 times.
    Last edited by organizedchaos21; 11-13-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

In a Marriott and sports center has him on every 15 minutes. Crazy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This week's performance was Lamar's second Perfect Dawson of the season. (That's a 158.3 perfect passer rating in a game in which more touchdowns were thrown than incompletions (minimum 10 attempts and 3 TDs)).

He becomes the 3rd player all-time to have 2 Perfect Dawsons *in a career*, the other two being Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning is the only other player to do it twice in one season (2003, one of which was in the post-season).

Lamar Jackson is the first player ever to have two in a single regular season.

(For relevance of the Perfect Dawson stat, there have been only 25 Perfect Dawsons in NFL history, and a team has never lost such a game, with an average of 45.6 points scored in those games).

Lamar has won it IN HIS FIRST 16 regular season games. THAT"S gotta be a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Lamar has won it IN HIS FIRST 16 regular season games. THAT"S gotta be a first.
    No idea if this had been the record or not, but Mahomes won his third OPOW in his 19th regular season start. He won it week 1 and week 2 last year (his second and third starts, respectively) and then again week 2 this year.

Lamar also won the FedEx Air Player of the Week, for this performance against the Bungles:

http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-ai...und/2019/REG/9

That's 2 air delivery awards, 1 ground delivery award. so far this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    In a Marriott and sports center has him on every 15 minutes. Crazy
    Dude, I was in Barberitos tonight. I look up at the screen as I am leaving and they are talking about LJ. We've never had a player that gained this much media attention for a good reason. LJ is going to usher in a new wave of young fans. My sons had both drifted away from the Ravens in recent years and they are both back on the bandwagon. My younger son is a diehard Panthers fan and he is talking about LJ more than Mccaffery right now.