Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The impending impeachment hearings of Donald J. Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Yup

Bill Taylor: "A member of my staff told me about a phone conversation that he overheard..."

Lol.

Detective: "did you see the murder?"

Person: "a member of my family told me about a phone conversation that he overheard..."

Detective: "clearly this is the proof we've been looking for."
    On top of which, Taylor's entire testimony (or whatever it's called since this isn't an impeachment or a trial) didn't sound very good AT ALL. In fact, it sounds like this guy wasn't in charge of crap. He sounds like he was running around screwing up everything while looking for problems. He sounds FAR more guilty of linking aid to a quid pro quo than anyone else. Is it me, or didn't he admit to scheduling a meeting, even though everyone told him that it wasn't about quid pro quo, with Zellensky's team to tell them all about linking the military aid to the Burisma investigation, and IN HIS OWN WORDS, he said, "They seemed surprised!". I bet they did... literally every time Taylor admitted to having a DIRECT conversation with someone, they told him repeatedly that he was wrong... then, when he asked the Ukrainians if that was the case, they had no clue what he was talking about.

So Taylor, every time he ACTUALLY was involved in a conversation, heard that he was wrong. When he met with the ACTUAL Ukrainians who would DEFINITELY know, he was told he was wrong. But he overheard aids say they heard something once over a phone from 5-6' away on a call they weren't on. Oh, and he makes WILD assumptions on things as well, but then links them to things he kind of might know but isn't sure. This is their BEST witness? They are totally F'd... He also contradicted several other people's depositions who said that when they spoke to him... that he was wildly off base.

This guy is a total f'ing joke. This "impeachment" was over before it started...
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Here's a little nugget of information that is probably not known by many...

The Democrats have filed articles of impeachment against the last five elected Republican presidents.

George Kent testified there's no factual basis for the allegation Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election. Lol.

That would be news to Ukraine. The former head of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau in Ukraine, Artem Stynk admitted to it and was convicted...along with 2 others...of doing just that in favor of Democrats.

Again, this entire show is for people who simply don't know.

this is real...

Rep Turner: "Isn't it possible that the things that you heard were not true?"

Bill Taylor: "I am telling you what I heard them tell me."

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    this is real...

Rep Turner: "Isn't it possible that the things that you heard were not true?"

Bill Taylor: "I am telling you what I heard them tell me."

So what did we learn today?

The left couldn’t find anyone that knew much about what was wrong. But they found a few people that heard it from a friend, who, heard it from a friend, who, heard it from another he was messing around

I doubt this continues into next week. The left didn’t give the media anything to distort

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    Sure if you want to believe that nonsense. Im beyond debating right wing propaganda at this point. Feel free to believe what you want. Trump was using the powers of the office to advance his own interests and has been doing that since day one. If you want to be blind to that because Trump speaks to whatever white grievance problems you have, enjoy that place. That's a small, small place to hold. The debate is beyond that now is to whether what Trump did is worthy of removal. That's where I and the hearings are now. Feel free to join.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Did you watch the shitshow today? Did you see how comically incompetent this entire episode is?

Please point out the propaganda...

https://www.congress.gov/treaty-docu.../document-text

WJC explained...

Also enclosed, for the information of the Senate, is an
    exchange of notes under which the Treaty is being provisionally
    applied to the extent possible under our respective domestic
    laws, in order to provide a basis for immediate mutual
    assistance in criminal matters. Provisional application would
    cease upon entry into force of the Treaty.

The Treaty covers mutual legal assistance in criminal
    matters. In recent years, similar bilateral treaties have
    entered into force with a number of other countries. The Treaty
    with Ukraine contains all essential provisions sought by the
    United States. It will enhance our ability to investigate and
    prosecute a range of offenses. The Treaty is designed to be
    self-executing and will not require new legislation.
    So, with that being said...isn't looking into one of the top-5 most corrupt countries in the world which may have some involvement from US politicians be an obligation of a sitting US President? Considering that there is a treaty that was enacted for that specific reason, why is looking at what happened in Ukraine a bad thing?

Because Biden is running for a higher office...should the sitting President just ignore the alleged misconduct?

The silence from the GOP this evening is deafening. As these hearings go on with reputable witnesses and silly Devin Nunes sound bites, the responses afterwards from Senate GOP will be the barometers to watch. Having professional prosecutors vs only house members asking questions makes the presentations more digestible and productive. Good day for democracy today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    The silence from the GOP this evening is deafening. As these hearings go on with reputable witnesses and silly Devin Nunes sound bites, the responses afterwards from Senate GOP will be the barometers to watch. Having professional prosecutors vs only house members asking questions makes the presentations more digestible and productive. Good day for democracy today.
    How many people do you figure watched the entire hearing? All Americans will do is pay attention is to the soundbites.

Hell for most us we can barely pay attention to that. Democrats have worked themselves into a lather over something they admit was corrupt on behalf of the bidens so they are left to attack Trump not on the merit but his method of trying to get the graft investigated.

The media hyped it up but from what I've read it's been another flop even with rigging the witness pool. All that remains to be seen is if they wait to pull the plug now or let the farce continue.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    How many people do you figure watched the entire hearing? All Americans will do is pay attention is to the soundbites.

Hell for most us we can barely pay attention to that. Democrats have worked themselves into a lather over something they admit was corrupt on behalf of the bidens so they are left to attack Trump not on the merit but his method of trying to get the graft investigated.

The media hyped it up but from what I've read it's been another flop even with rigging the witness pool. All that remains to be seen is if they wait to pull the plug now or let the farce continue.
    There might not be a better explanation for your reply than your screen name, boller4president.

Blog Entries

I didn’t watch. I was too busy having a life but I heard it was a Schiff show.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I didn’t watch. I was too busy having a life but I heard it was a Schiff show.
    Yeah I got some clips sent to me on facebook and it seems like Nunes and Jordan destroyed the very weak case for impeachment.

I don't even agree with what Trump did but if the democrats believe his actions are disqualifying they should take their case to the voters not a kangaroo court. As far as I'm concerned the IRS scandal was ten times worse but somehow impeachment was never discussed.

Now it will be the new norm I guess.