Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Ravens sign DT Justin Ellis

Was hoping for Dion Jordan to help out with the pass rush but he signed with the Raiders. Adding a little depth to the DL isn't a bad idea though.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Was hoping for Dion Jordan to help out with the pass rush but he signed with the Raiders. Adding a little depth to the DL isn't a bad idea though.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    Justin Ellis has been a much better player than Dion Jordan. Albeit in a different role.

Heck, Shane Ray's had a better career than Dion Jordan. Ray at least had one good year.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Justin Ellis has been a much better player than Dion Jordan. Albeit in a different role.

Heck, Shane Ray's had a better career than Dion Jordan. Ray at least had one good year.
    Agreed. Anybody that's watched Dion Jordan play knows he's a "name" only. I'd take Ellis and Peko both in a heartbeat over Jordan. If the Ravens wanted what Jordan brings, they would have kept Tim Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I just hope that both Ellis and Peko can get up to speed quickly. We need to shut down the Texans run game.
    Agreed. They make a living off of those inside zone split concepts out of shotgun right up the middle. They run play action off of those looks as well. Haven’t really seen much else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I just hope that both Ellis and Peko can get up to speed quickly. We need to shut down the Texans run game.
    GKB, it's funny you use "speed" in your post when writing about these two behemoths (LOL).
    They're both long-time AFC veterans so I believe they already know their D-line responsibilities. Fear not... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    GKB, it's funny you use "speed" in your post when writing about these two behemoths (LOL).
    They're both long-time AFC veterans so I believe they already know their D-line responsibilities. Fear not... Bc
    LOL.

That's what I'm hoping for, that it's just a matter of learning terminology.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    They're both long-time AFC veterans so I believe they already know their D-line responsibilities.
    In a word: Verdun.

(I originally intended to amplify this with Pétain's vow - Ils ne passeront pas! - but figured someone innocent of French would shoot back something brilliant like But they're too fat & slow to rush the passer!...)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    2 DTs to replace 1?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Mack & Pierce are dinged. The rotation is getting down practically to BWill and Ricard.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    In a word: Verdun.

(I originally intended to amplify this with Pétain's vow - Ils ne passeront pas! - but figured someone innocent of French would shoot back something brilliant like But they're too fat & slow to rush the passer!...)
    [U][U][I]
    Audace! Audace! Toujours audace!
    Hey, French i was 50 years ago (really) go easy.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Audace! Audace! Toujours l'audace!
    Hey, French i was 50 years ago (really) go easy.
    Fixed that 4U.

Moi, j'ai quitté l'étudé de français il y a 53 ans, voilà!
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!