Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Bye

Bye Bye Bye

Some of you may hate this thread, but it ain't no lie.

We've got a great chance at a bye or even the top seed and I think it makes sense to start talking about how likely it is, what scenarios we should look out for, and what it might mean for our chances of reaching the Super Bowl.

As it stands:
    NE 8-1
    Bal 7-2
    Hou 6-3
    KC 6-4

There are other teams with a chance. Pit could catch us. Buf, currently at 6-3, could catch NE. Oak, Ind, Ten ... But the 4 teams I listed are the ones that 538 and playoffstatus give at least a 10% chance of getting a bye. So for simplicity I'm just focusing on those.

Head-to-head is the top tie breaker. All four teams have 1st place schedules, so they all play each other. Among these teams:
    KC beat Bal
    Hou beat KC
    Bal beat NE

Hou @ Bal Week 11
    NE @ Hou Week 13
    KC @ NE Week 14

So this week is our biggest remaining game in terms of bye week considerations.

Remaining schedules for all 4 teams are ...
    NE
    @ Phi
    vs Dal
    @ Hou
    vs KC
    @ Cin
    vs Buf
    vs Mia

Bal
    vs Hou
    @ LAR
    vs SF
    @ Buf
    vs NYJ
    @ Cle
    vs Pit

Hou
    @ Bal
    vs Ind
    vs NE
    vs Den
    @ Ten
    @ TB
    vs Ten

KC
    vs LAC
    vs Oak
    @ NE
    vs Den
    @ Chi
    vs LAC

Winning % of remaining opponents:
    NE 47%
    Bal 56%
    Hou 55%
    KC 50%
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 11-12-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Re: Bye Bye Bye

I only have one real concern at this point and will just say this.

Go Browns!!!

The Steelers have definitely earned my concern. I was ready to write them off earlier in the season. This is a big week with us getting Houston and them traveling to Cleveland on Thursday night.

Not really concerned about the Steelers. They're barely squeezing out wins week after week and while they have an easy schedule, they're not good enough where you can start marking games down as guaranteed wins. We're probably going to be favored in every game left on our schedule, they won't.

Imagine being afraid of the Steelers lol

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Imagine being afraid of the Steelers lol
    Their defense gave LJ trouble and it has only gotten better. They may not take the division away from us but facing them could still have #1 seed implications

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    The Steelers have definitely earned my concern. I was ready to write them off earlier in the season.
    That right there is like Groundhog Day. You can almost set a watch to it. That's why when people post those "Knock Knock Owen 3" memes with Ben's face on them, i shake my head. Because you know what's coming.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Not really concerned about the Steelers. They're barely squeezing out wins week after week and while they have an easy schedule, they're not good enough where you can start marking games down as guaranteed wins. We're probably going to be favored in every game left on our schedule, they won't.
    But they keep winning. They are always hanging around, year after year, regardless of the circumstances. Tomlin knows how to keep a team together and finding ways to win. Count them out when they are actually eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    But they keep winning. They are always hanging around, year after year, regardless of the circumstances. Tomlin knows how to keep a team together and finding ways to win. Count them out when they are actually eliminated.
    Agreed and we can't underestimate the fact that they aren't being controlled by divas this year

Houston is our hump game. Win that and everything afterwards could fall our way. The last four games don’t scare me at all. Bills are paper tigers, Jets please can you say Cincinnati, Browns are about to implode and the Steelers are going to run out of smoke for those smoke and mirrors show. Plus our kicker can hit a 40 yard field goal its the extra points that are a crap shoot. Comes down to Houston. Beat them and the Rams should follow, then the 49ers at home. After their loss they are due to return towards the mean.
    Last edited by Jfoh; 11-13-2019 at 10:14 AM.

This weekend is massive. We need to put a 2 game lead plus tie breaker between us and Houston. If we lose Texans have tie breaker and KC is one game back w tie breaker.

If we can win and Eagles can upset the Pats.. oh man watch out.

Blog Entries

O/T: I couldn't think of any better thread to put this in, so here goes:

I haven't been paying any attention to this, but it just struck me:

In recent years it's gotten to the point where the team that wins the pre-game coin toss almost always picks the endzone to defend, deferring so as to start the 2nd half with the ball.

So far in 2019 the Ravens have been scary good on opening drives - I don't have the numbers or the time to dig them out, but haven't they scored a TD on something like 7 of 9 times? (If anyone has the real stats, please correct me.)

Should the Ravens rethink the tactic of deferring to the second half? Heck, should their opponents rethink it? Who wants to go a score down right out of the gate to a team with a habit of conducting multi-play time-killing drives that almost always put points on the board?