Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: Tucker's recent PAT issues

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Ya think?
    What do you mean?????

He's looked like the mere mortals that kick for other teams here lately. There must be some Tuckerite involved here.

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    He's looked like the mere mortals that kick for other teams here lately. There must be some Tuckerite involved here.
    The law of averages catching up, plus fewer at bats?

Blog Entries

I still want this thread closed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I still want this thread closed.
    You want the thread closed, because you, personally, have decided it's not a topic worthy of discussion, and therefore, naturally no one else here should be allowed to discuss it. Makes perfect sense - I'm sure the mods will get right on that.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

I said this in the Game Thread – and I admit it sounds pretty stupid – but I think Tuck confronted and fixed "the problem" (whatever it was) during the game.

He missed the FG, and then he had the next XP veer really far right, though still in the uprights.

On the ensuing kickoff kickoff, his body language was completely different. Something about his movement said "Oh, fuck THIS!" to me, even thru the TV set. And he absolutely crushed that kickoff. Every kick after that was right down the middle. (One XP was maybe a little right of center.)

I dunno, I can't explain this impression: but when he ran up for that kickoff, something about him reminded me of when a truly great player gets mad. They just DECIDE that things are going to be different.
    "Fuck it. I don't care if my leg literally flies off my body, I am going to kick the way I kick."
    I think Tuck had a moment.

I have a well-worn anecdote I love about former Terp Juan Dixon. I'll spare you guys: but that's the kind of "moment" I think I saw on TV today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    You want the thread closed, because you, personally, have decided it's not a topic worthy of discussion, and therefore, naturally no one else here should be allowed to discuss it. Makes perfect sense - I'm sure the mods will get right on that.
    I have sensibility on my side, in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I said this in the Game Thread – and I admit it sounds pretty stupid – but I think Tuck confronted and fixed "the problem" (whatever it was) during the game.

He missed the FG, and then he had the next XP veer really far right, though still in the uprights.

On the ensuing kickoff kickoff, his body language was completely different. Something about his movement said "Oh, fuck THIS!" to me, even thru the TV set. And he absolutely crushed that kickoff. Every kick after that was right down the middle. (One XP was maybe a little right of center.)

I dunno, I can't explain this impression: but when he ran up for that kickoff, something about him reminded me of when a truly great player gets mad. They just DECIDE that things are going to be different.
    "Fuck it. I don't care if my leg literally flies off my body, I am going to kick the way I kick."
    I think Tuck had a moment.

I have a well-worn anecdote I love about former Terp Juan Dixon. I'll spare you guys: but that's the kind of "moment" I think I saw on TV today.
    Believe it or not, I had this exact discussion with my sons while watching yesterday. It seemed like he made some sort of in-game adjustment and decided enough was enough. Don't know if it was the miss that triggered him or the fake on the 55 yarder, but he was crushing everything from that point on.