Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Tucker's recent PAT issues

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    He's missed 1....ever....
    2 now
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Nobody is suggesting Tucker loses his job, but things have been uncharacteristically dicey. I'm sort of wondering if it's linked to the loss of Rosburg as it's in conjunction with special teams struggles as a whole. I think it's worth talking about, but nobody is sounding an alarm.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

I thougth he was first in FG/xp.

Oh btw he is first! (football ousiders) And the ST overall third.

We have had problems in the return game both ways, we have also a handfull of new players, hopefully they will improve.

As for the wolfpack.. this is not so much Horton but the mayor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Okay. We should try out kickers this week.
    I hear Vedvik is available... bc

Blog Entries

Nobody is trashing Tucker. It's just something that's worth noticing because it hasn't happened before. He missed one PAT last year for the first time since high school and now missed another recently and had a doink go in and another close one a couple of weeks ago. Not a problem but it is unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Nobody is trashing Tucker. It's just something that's worth noticing because it hasn't happened before. He missed one PAT last year for the first time since high school and now missed another recently and had a doink go in and another close one a couple of weeks ago. Not a problem but it is unusual.

I think the OP framed it like this too. No ones suggesting anything more.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I was listening to a podcast and the host joked that with our potent offense, Tucker is getting bored so he's trying new things, like seeing if he clank XPs in

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Agree with the general thought of "it's not a big issue but it is unusual". Kicking is mental as much as it is physical, sometimes guys get the yips and are never the same, even the greats. Look at Dan Bailey who went from most accurate of all time to like 88% in the span of a couple years. Not at all suggesting that is happening or is going to happen with Tucker but I'll be watching his kicks more closely to see if it continues.

Wasn't the issue with the one he missed against NE due to the snap or hold?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

9. Re: Tucker's recent PAT issues

I agree with Shrubbs, it is totally fair to raise the total issues on ST. People on the thread are being pretty harsh at the idea of even questioning it. Yet I bet the first thing Tuck did was to say he has to be better and was looking at way to improve, and probably is locking in on improving PATs. Looking for ways to keep getting better is what all the greats do. So if he questions himself its fair for us as well.

And as Shrubbs mentioned, the larger issue is whether Horton has the chops to be at ST coordinator.
    Last edited by phkiernan; 11-12-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Horton sucks. Simple.

He’s experimenting with shortening/quickening his run-up to see if he can speed up his launch time to avoid blocked kicks on longer attempts.

Just the way it looked to me.

Or maybe he just does that on all XPs anyways. Either way, it’s a little weird to see. Like watching a free throw shooter who normally gets nothing but net hit the rim and have it barely clang in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In no way was I suggesting this is a major problem - I said it at the beginning that this is nitpicking (which we can afford to do at this stage of the season.) Tucker has been uncharacteristically marginally less than absolute perfection. He's still 100% on FGs this season, but something is up recently. He's gone from "I know this is going through the uprights" to "I'm 99.9% certain this is going through the uprights." I'm not worried about it for the regular season at all - not with us scoring 33+ per game, but issues get magnified in January. I'd like to see it fixed before then.

It's something different to talk about in general, since, for once in our franchise history, we have NOTHING we can complain about on offense. I guess you could argue we didn't have a ridiculous time of possession on Sunday, but when your opponent gives you open lanes to the endzone on every possession, you take advantage of it.

I also wonder if Tucker is maybe a little bored. He used to be a major focal point of the teams offensive production. He's tracking for a 30% reduction in points scored from last year (he's on pace for about 100 instead of his usual 130+) I'm in no way suggesting that this would affect his on-field performance - if nothing else, he is a professional. He responds spectacularly well under pressure. Maybe he's just the kind of guy that needs the pressure (which he isn't facing any right now) to be the bleeding edge of perfection that he's been for the last 7 years.