Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tucker's recent PAT issues

I highly doubt Horton came in and started telling Tucker (or the FG unit as a whole) to change this or that. Some of the other ST issues can probably be attributed to him but not sure I'm buying this one being his fault.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    I also wonder if Tucker is maybe a little bored. He used to be a major focal point of the teams offensive production. He's tracking for a 30% reduction in points scored from last year (he's on pace for about 100 instead of his usual 130+)
    Perhaps that's because the Ravens are scoring more TDs and don't need as many FGs?
    As an example : in the Bengals game we "only" scored 7 TDs, but alas no FGs... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Perhaps that's because the Ravens are scoring more TDs and don't need as many FGs?
    As an example : in the Bengals game we "only" scored 7 TDs, but alas no FGs... Bc
    For Tucker, that's 3 points per game less than he normally gets, but a lot more work for the production.

Maybe we're wearing out his leg with all these PATs...

I'm more upset about the ball Lamar threw into the ground. I mean he threw it straight from. I mean, geez, what was he trying to do? Stop the clock?

Oh well, at least it wasn't wobbly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I highly doubt Horton came in and started telling Tucker (or the FG unit as a whole) to change this or that. Some of the other ST issues can probably be attributed to him but not sure I'm buying this one being his fault.
    I haven't taken a super close look, but I'm wondering if it's in response to worse protection. Maybe the opponents are getting close and throwing him off. I need to watch again, but it's a possible explanation.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

I’m convinced Tucker not used to being center of attention on offense and is doing this so we don’t forget him.

Maybe his leg is getting tired from all the kickoffs he has to perform? I do wonder if the protection schemes have gotten spotty and JT has been trying to speed up his process to account for it. More likely though, it's just "numbers" and the law of averages trying to correct for his stupidly high success rate. I'm sure someone knows the numbers, but he could probably fall off the cliff the rest of this season and miss 1 of every 2 FGs and still end the season as the all-time leader...which he still is and it ain't close.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Maybe his leg is getting tired from all the kickoffs he has to perform? I do wonder if the protection schemes have gotten spotty and JT has been trying to speed up his process to account for it. More likely though, it's just "numbers" and the law of averages trying to correct for his stupidly high success rate. I'm sure someone knows the numbers, but he could probably fall off the cliff the rest of this season and miss 1 of every 2 FGs and still end the season as the all-time leader...which he still is and it ain't close.
    From that perspective - Tucker had to kick 15 times on Sunday. 7 PATs, 8 kickoffs. Koch sat on the bench until the final minute.

Maybe Koch needs to learn to kick off a tee to take some stress off Tucker's leg on kickoffs?

And yes, I know exactly how ridiculous that sounds. I intended it to be that way, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I think his career FG percentage is such that he could miss the next 10 consecutive attempts and still have the highest career percentage.

Blog Entries

Results wise, nothing has been effected. He's still hitting his kicks. So what can you say, really?

But I wouldn't say it's "nothing" either. This is a guy who makes kicks from 50+ and it's a scandal when *those* aren't right down the middle. Now he's got XP's slicing to within inches of the uprights. Kicks that would have been misses from 37-38. Even the game winner at Pitt was sketchy, but Pitt has long been the toughest place to kick in the league. I don't know. We've gotten spoiled by his utter greatness. If this is what a Tucker slump looks like I guess we're all right.

I think he's trolling us out of boredom

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I hear Vedvik is available... bc
    LOL

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk