Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Are People Having an Honest MVP Debate?

I like Russell Wilson, and I don't know how he'll play against the 49ers. That's about to come on as I write this. I know 22 TDs and 1 INT is an incredible stat, but how does he have the MVP solidly when that's all anyone can actually point to to elevate him? Lamar is on pace to break Vick's single season rushing record and become the first QB to throw for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in NFL history. He's had TWO perfect games and is single-handedly carrying this team on his back.

Russ JUST has a historic TD-INT ratio.

Re: Are People Having an Honest MVP Debate?

I think all this MVP stuff should wait until the season is over. It's like judging a baking competition while the pies are still in the oven.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

A historic TD to INT ratio is a hell of a thing to call "just"

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I think all this MVP stuff should wait until the season is over. It's like judging a baking competition while the pies are still in the oven.

Not how the world works though; look at the Heisman Trophy handicapping, changes every week. MVP, same boat.

My first take on this is, if the Seahawks get a bye in the NFC and the Ravens don't get one, then Wilson will be the MVP almost no matter what Lamar does.
    If the Ravens get a bye in the AFC and the Seahawks don't get one, then Lamar has a very solid shot to be the MVP.

I mean, assuming Aaron Rodgers doesn't go HAM and post 5 more games like the one he had against Oakland, etc.

Publicity is a big factor in MVP voting cause whether the voters admit it or not, awards voting is a lot like an election.

The narrative of this game is therefore just as, if not more important than the stats. The narrative is, it's Russell Wilson's turn to answer Lamar Jackson beating a previously undefeated team. He does well and the Seahawks win? He'll stay in the lead. He does poorly and they lose? Lamar takes the lead in the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Publicity is a big factor in MVP voting cause whether the voters admit it or not, awards voting is a lot like an election.

The narrative of this game is therefore just as, if not more important than the stats. The narrative is, it's Russell Wilson's turn to answer Lamar Jackson beating a previously undefeated team. He does well and the Seahawks win? He'll stay in the lead. He does poorly and they lose? Lamar takes the lead in the polls.
    This is my thinking as well

Blog Entries

It’s way too early and it’s not all about stats

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post

People are excited. A Ravens QB winning NFL MVP has such great significance considering our history

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    People are excited. A Ravens QB winning NFL MVP has such great significance considering our history
    I get it, but it's not just a Lamar thing. It's talked about on the talking heads every week. It's only week 10.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Russ struggling so far against SF

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Last Baltimore QB to win NFL MVP: Bert Jones, 1976.