Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: Are People Having an Honest MVP Debate?

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    Wilson was one horribly shanked FG attempt from being the goat last night. That was a terrible INT he threw in OT, but fate (in the form of an injured Robbie Gould) bailed him out.
    More like one horribly spotted ball. I'm not sure I've ever seen one placed that poorly (maybe the Browns-Raiders from 2017/18?), and the terrible spotting mechanism is a personal pet peeve of mine!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: Are People Having an Honest MVP Debate?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    IF Lamar ends up with 3500+ passing yards and 1k+ rushing yards, it would be really hard to justify not giving him the MVP. Even if he doesn't hit 3500 yards passing, that's still a NFL record.
    This^

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    More like one horribly spotted ball. I'm not sure I've ever seen one placed that poorly (maybe the Browns-Raiders from 2017/18?), and the terrible spotting mechanism is a personal pet peeve of mine!
    OC, did you see this during the Lion's game?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

4. Re: Are People Having an Honest MVP Debate?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    OC, did you see this during the Lion's game?
    Bahahaha that's hilarious (and I hadn't seen it). I'm inclined to give the officials a break there because they're trying to hurry.

I'm also going to nitpick with the description. He gets at most 1 extra yard (and I think it's probably less, but that's a bad angle to judge from).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

People are giving the nod to Wilson because of his body of work over his career, even though that shouldn't be incorporated when talking about a single season MVP. Admittedly, Wilson is having a great year...but Lamar will have to have stellar performances (like that against the Bungals) the rest of the year, to change the voters minds.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Chiefs won one of those, by the way, against a contender in the Vikings.
    And lost when he came back! (Not that I'm for a second blaming that on him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Are Seattle, Baltimore, or Carolina winning against a good team without their guy? I honestly don't know enough about Seattle or Carolina to say, but we definitely aren't.
    Seattle's not winning jack without Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Mahomes discounting the partial game and averaging the rest of the season out to 16 games is averaging 364 yards passing a game and 5829 total yards passing
    Yeesh.

Really some monster performances this year. MVP vote is going to be tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    People are giving the nod to Wilson because of his body of work over his career, even though that shouldn't be incorporated when talking about a single season MVP. Admittedly, Wilson is having a great year...but Lamar will have to have stellar performances (like that against the Bungals) the rest of the year, to change the voters minds.
    That's why I think this MVP talk is good because it forces Lamar to not get complacent (not to say I think he would anyway) and to make big plays every game.

I honestly think it should go to runCMC. It's the highest usage rate of anyone I've seen in a long time, but it will probably come Down to Lamar v Wilson v Watson

The match-up this weekend either propels Deshaun Watson into it or solidifies Lamar's spot at the top.

EJMR4NnU0AABDkP.jpg

Its pretty much a 2 man race for MVP now.