Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Are People Having an Honest MVP Debate?

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    Attachment 5105

Its pretty much a 2 man race for MVP now.
    Good Lord, it's only week #10, and so much can happen by season's end.
    Just read Aesop's "The Tortoise and the Hare" ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yeah, a few weeks ago Lamar was an afterthought, while Mahommes\Wilson\Watson were the popular names. Now Lamar might be a front runner if the MVP was decided today. Lots of football left to play.

The narrative is set, though. Look at last nights game, Wilson was mediocre and had more turnovers then TDs, yet the narrative was that he had a MVP defining game and that kept him as the frontrunner. Narrative matters more than anything else with the MVP award. As long as Russ and Lamar play well enough they should stay infront.

I can't, it's in ancient Greek

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    The narrative is set, though. Look at last nights game, Wilson was mediocre and had more turnovers then TDs, yet the narrative was that he had a MVP defining game and that kept him as the frontrunner. Narrative matters more than anything else with the MVP award. As long as Russ and Lamar play well enough they should stay infront.
    Far as I'm concerned, Russ had an actually *bad* game against the 49ers. He should have thrown a game-losing INT in overtime. Instead he is bailed out by a rookie kicker just signed off the street missing a 47 yarder. Then he goes on to three and out and he gets bailed out AGAIN by the 49ers even more inept offense not only three and outing themselves, but doing so on 3 straight passes so that the Seahawks still have nearly 2 whole minutes of game clock left. Russ turned the ball over multiple times. Fortunately for him, the 49ers offense was even worse, turning the ball over 4 times, including giving up a fumble returned for a touchdown and two more turnovers that set up the Seahawks at the red zone, which also led to touchdowns. Without the ineptitude of the 49ers ofense, everyone would have seen that Wilson plain and simply played to lose that game. But Jimmy G played even worse. Not sure how that means "MVP sealing performance" for Wilson, but that seems to be what the media & fans are going with for some reason.

What I find curious in all the Mvp talk I've heard this week up here around NYC/NJ is that not a single person/analyst/talking head has mentioned the fact that Lamar went up to Seattle and outplayed Wilson.

Assuming they end up neck & neck, that's the tiebreaker for me.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I want this framed on my wall. lol

I see that and immediately "I'll be back." plays in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I see that and immediately "I'll be back." plays in my head.

"I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. May I speak to her please?"

Blog Entries

To answer the OP's original question: Of course "they" are not having an "honest" MVP debate! The only purpose of this sort of midseason distraction is to get more eyeballs on the games & generate more $$$$ (now & down the road) for the 32 "independent franchise owners" of the NFL. All the talking heads (also eager to generate clicks to pay their salaries) get their "yammering orders" from whoever owns the platform they post or yammer on (again, etc.): You make the case for Wilson, you make the case for Watson, you make the case for Jackson, now let's see some fur fly!

Guys, yinz gotta keep in mind that the NFL is a bidniz & the only thing that matters at the end of the day (& the end of the season) is how much money the owners make. Everything else is either directed toward that end, or irrelevant.

It's all and most of it confuses "most valuable" with "best." Tune it out like #8 already has.

(This Simple Answer to an Irrelevant Question is brought to you by Cynics Unanimous.)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Well this game certainly solidified that Lamar is ahead of Watson (if you looked at the stats, it wasn't quite so clear as you might have thought before today!). Not sure about Dak, he had a monster game today as well so he's probably in the conversation too, but let's compare Wilson & Jackson through 10 games now:

Russell Wilson: 8-2 Record, 2815 Yards, 26 TD, 4 TO, 145 1D, 114.9 Passer Rating

Lamar Jackson: 8-2 Record, 2948 Yards, 25 TD, 5 TO, 153 1D, 106.3 Passer Rating

God damn that's close stuff! I think Lamar is ahead of Wilson because he has more wins against teams with winning records, he has a head-to-head win against Wilson's team, and he is the leader of the clear #1 offense in the NFL. There's an argument for either of these guys though, that's for sure.

Notes:

Yards = Passing Yards + Rushing Yards - Yards Lost From Sacks

TD = Passing TDs + Rushing TDs

TO = Interceptions + Fumbles Resulting In Turnover (Side note: one of these fumbles is not counted as "lost" for Wilson, because it was recovered by his teammate, but I'm counting it anyway, because that teammate instantly fumbled it himself, so it was a lost fumble on the play as a whole).

1D = First Downs Passing + Rushing