Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Hey Bossy, I see Sweden has the 6th highest rate of reported rape in the world, and the highest in Europe. Care to spin this?

The rate is more than twice that of the United States. It also says that Sweden has the lowest conviction rate, and worsening levels of violence against women, despite its good reputation for gender equality.

Some of the highlights (or lowlights)

Sweden has the HIGHEST per capita number of reported rapes in Europe.

** This number of rapes has quadrupled in the last 20 years.

** The conviction rates? They have steadily DECREASED.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...cs-by-country/

https://www.greennet.org.uk/network/...-record-europe

https://wjla.com/news/inside-your-wo...refugee-crisis

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8851456.html

Re: Hey Bossy, I see Sweden has the 6th highest rate of reported rape in the world, and the highest in Europe. Care to spin t

Of course it was gonna be you that finally brought it up...
    Tell me, what do you know about rape statistics, legislation, under reporting etc?
    Do you, for example, know many women that feels like "gosh, canīt stay in this rape infested US, I must go to Syria, Yemen, India or Egypt, they have almost no rapes at all, that must be paradise for us women!"?

Blog Entries

Re: Hey Bossy, I see Sweden has the 6th highest rate of reported rape in the world, and the highest in Europe. Care to spin t

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Tell me, what do you know about rape statistics, legislation, under reporting etc?
    Do you, for example, know many women that feels like "gosh, canīt stay in this rape infested US, I must go to Syria, Yemen, India or Egypt, they have almost no rapes at all, that must be paradise for us women!"?
    Didn't Sweden and other Scandinavian countries allow unfettered immigration from some of those countries you mentioned? You know, the same countries that have some of the worst human rights standards in the world and treat women like slaves?

I mean...this is part of the issue with immigration in and of itself. It's one thing to immigrate into a country because you want to be there and want to become part of that culture. It's another thing entirely when you immigrate into a country with little-to-no intentions of assimilation or accepting that country's ideas and culture. That has been a big problem for a lot of Europe.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Wait are you saying those countries aren’t safe for women????
    Islamaphobe!!!!

Blog Entries

Deflect much?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Why are you dragging Islamic countries and how they report rape into this?

The metric was western European countries. Underreporting in Sweden is likely to be very similar to western Europe and particularly other Nordic countries. What the situation in Saudi Arabia or the Orion system is immaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Didn't Sweden and other Scandinavian countries allow unfettered immigration from some of those countries you mentioned? You know, the same countries that have some of the worst human rights standards in the world and treat women like slaves?

I mean...this is part of the issue with immigration in and of itself. It's one thing to immigrate into a country because you want to be there and want to become part of that culture. It's another thing entirely when you immigrate into a country with little-to-no intentions of assimilation or accepting that country's ideas and culture. That has been a big problem for a lot of Europe.
    We took in a lot of immigrants, yes, especially from Iraq and Syria, and have alwyas had a high immigration from war zones etc. Sweden most of all, and since pretty much everyone else except Germany refused them we got more than we could handle for a while. But it has very little to do with the rape stats.

Most that immigate still want to have a functional life to where the move aswell you know...

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Wait are you saying those countries aren’t safe for women????
    Islamaphobe!!!!
    India isnīt islamic.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Deflect much?
    I tale that as a "no" on my questions...

Then, let me enlighten you that in Sweden thereīs been a long ongoing effort to minimize shaming and the stigma that often follows from reporting rape of some kind. We have done this by changing the law to include a lot of offenses that falls under sexual harrassment or under nothing at all in other countries to count under "rape" in the book of law. We also use the stats differently from everyone else, including our nordic neighbours, making our numbers look bad. When, in fact, even if it sounds weird, it is "good" that it looks bad, considering we are finally slowly changing the under reporting, the stigmatization, the feeling that itīs no point to even contact the police (as is often the case in especially eastern europe still). So, itīs basically our legislation that makes it look like that. Apply the same as for other european countries, and we end up somewhere in the middle according to studies made.

If you had bothered to actually read that amnesty report or any other sources you would know this.

As you may remember up until atleast the late 1990s, it was hell to through a trial for the victim. Questions about their clothing, their sexual habits etc etc. In many countries it still is, along with the feeling of guilt, shame and the fact that so often itīs hard to prove rape unless the victim pretty much straight away walks to a hospital to get examined.so I dare say that we are among those countries that has the least % of under reporting today.
    Most studies also support that fact, and that the higher the equality between sexes in a society, the less under reporting there is and the less tolerance for any form of sexual abuse or harrassement there is.
    If you look at a survey by the EU for example, in countries in the east in general, the south more than the north aswell, in Romania and Hungary more than half the population think there are some or many instances where rape is even warranted(!), or okay or the womans fault. Yes, really. That survey up here youīll get basically nil.

So, we are no better or worse than any other western country basically, we men are men everywhere...

If youīre out to bash Sweden, I suggest you focus on our increase in gang related crimes and our crazy rise of inequality for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Why are you dragging Islamic countries and how they report rape into this?

The metric was western European countries. Underreporting in Sweden is likely to be very similar to western Europe and particularly other Nordic countries. What the situation in Saudi Arabia or the Orion system is immaterial.
    Again, india isnīt islamic, and it was just to make the point about how flawed reporting is, and how different legislation is between countries. And under reporting is likely less here then in most countries actually.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Again, india isnīt islamic, and it was just to make the point about how flawed reporting is, and how different legislation is between countries. And under reporting is likely less here then in most countries actually.
    Sigh. Change my take to "mostly Islamic countries" and then please address it.

The Koran permits Muslim men to rape infidels and rape incidence going up is expected with the number of Muslim men you have absorbed.

India isnīt islamic.
    Blatant attempt at a fig leaf. Is Sweden getting a lot of immigrants from India or are they getting a lot of immigrants that are Islamic like those other 3 countries you’ve listed????
    So clearly your defense for Sweden is immigrants that are Islamic.
    Islamaphobe!!!!