Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Baldy's Breakdown

Great clips.

They all were impressive to me, but 2 stood out. First was him standing in the pocket when he knew he was about to get creamed and threw a great ball to Brown before Brown even really broke out of his route.

Second was that subtle sidestep of Geno Atkins. That's the type of calm, in the pocket movement that the great ones have.

Great stuff.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Ok, a few comments.

1. Baldy taking extra time to say that even the pass to the official was perfect is freaking hilarious.
    2. That 49 yard pass to Hollywood, with almost no yards after the catch, was just a flick of the wrist. That's crazy.
    3. Someone brings up Lamar's possible getting hurt from running every week, but the hardest hit he took all game, and probably all season, happened in the pocket on that TD pass to Hollywood. I'm glad Baltimore highlighted the hit (a hit that should have got a roughing the passer flag for the helmet hit).
    4. Lamar is a freaking cheat code!!
    5. He's gotten pretty good at those sidearm throws hasn't he?
    I agree that hit in the pocket was harder than any hit he had all game. People kill me about these running qbs getting hurt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    That was awesome.

I'm starting to pinch myself...did this generational talent just fall into our lap?
    Yeah, he did - after the scouts & the coaching staff did massive amounts of due-diligence pre-draft & Oz & EDC hustled their butts off to finagle the #32 pick.

IOW the combined forces of Crowdom, from the high command down to the waterboys**, labored long & hard & diligently so that LJ could "fall into our lap" - & they damn well should get the credit they deserve, loud & long.

** Well, almost - though I'll bet #8 always has a good-natured word for everyone at the Castle...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    nextGen has it a tick under 40 in the air.
    They have it a tick under 40 yards downfield*

He releases it from well behind the LOS

I finally had a chance to watch the game tonight. I didn’t know the two incompletions included a spike. And he put virtually every ball exactly where it needed to be. It’s like a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post

Jk he releases it from like two yards behind the LOS. Still, over 40 yards through the air on a dime off his back foot is still damn impressive

7. Re: Baldy's Breakdown

Jk he releases it from like two yards behind the LOS. Still, over 40 yards through the air on a dime off his back foot is still damn impressive
    Thanks! I was sloppy with my description. That's an important point, even if he wasn't far behind the line.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

It's crazy how Geno Atkins had Lamar dead to rights. Lamar is making our OL look better than it really is, but then again how many great OLs are there anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    It's crazy how Geno Atkins had Lamar dead to rights. Lamar is making our OL look better than it really is, but then again how many great OLs are there anymore?
    Stanley, Yanda, and Zeus are better than most teams can claim. We could certainly upgrade the other two spots but we're in damn good shape on the OL.

Stanley, Yanda, and Zeus are better than most teams can claim. We could certainly upgrade the other two spots but we're in damn good shape on the OL.
    Even Skura has grown quite a bit on me. Not pro bowl level, but he can hold his own.

Really, the only spot on the OL that I would like to upgrade next year is Bozeman. Not sure if we have what we need on the roster already...including Bozeman's improvement, but he's the last weak link IMHO. I would like to have a high quality guard in the program ready to go though for whenever Yanda retires.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I wish we got to see some Powers this year to get some idea of what we have there

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    And Lamar never stopped looking downfield. A guy who can make small moves like that is probably more frustrating than a running QB.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell