Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lamar and Harbs

Re: Lamar and Harbs

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Not sure where to put these two little tidbits so Ima just put them here:

1) apparently Lamar is 27 days younger than Joe Burrow.

2) https://www.reddit.com/r/ravens/comm...ed_up_the_the/
    On the Reddit, what a sad story.

Funny how one said Hollywood looked like he attended that HS. He'll hit the weights for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Lamar's dad died when he was 8 years old. He is very close to his mom.

I have had my issues with Harbaugh as a HC, but he is a very decent, solid person. I wonder if Harbaugh is starting to become somewhat of a father-figure to Lamar? It wouldn't be a bad thing.
    His dad died on the same day as his Grandma. Shits wild man.

I have had my issues with Harbaugh as a HC, but he is a very decent, solid person. I wonder if Harbaugh is starting to become somewhat of a father-figure to Lamar? It wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Yeah Harbs is kind of an emotional touchy feely guy in general I think. I wonder if Kaepernick might have benefited from that kind of warm and fuzziness as opposed to Jim who is "more intense" to put it mildly.

Just from my personal observations of Lamar in interviews he bristles when people start fawning on him. He seems really uncomfortable with it. I think one of the main reasons is because he wants to share the glory with his teammates and that sort of thing runs counter to that. His mother raised him not to have a big head at all and it's really refreshing. I think it's one of the reasons people absolutely love the s*** out of the guy.

He's like the anti-Baker. Yeah. I took that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Not sure where to put these two little tidbits so Ima just put them here:

1) apparently Lamar is 27 days younger than Joe Burrow.

2) https://www.reddit.com/r/ravens/comm...ed_up_the_the/
    Now spare a thought for guys like Burrow or Tua who can end up in shitty organizations always on the rebuild, and very fast become a thing of the past after a few years of being murdered behind a crap OL on a 5-11 team.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Yeah Harbs is kind of an emotional touchy feely guy in general I think. I wonder if Kaepernick might have benefited from that kind of warm and fuzziness as opposed to Jim who is "more intense" to put it mildly.

Just from my personal observations of Lamar in interviews he bristles when people start fawning on him. He seems really uncomfortable with it. I think one of the main reasons is because he wants to share the glory with his teammates and that sort of thing runs counter to that. His mother raised him not to have a big head at all and it's really refreshing. I think it's one of the reasons people absolutely love the s*** out of the guy.

He's like the anti-Baker. Yeah. I took that shot.
    I think Harbs was so in awe of that crazy TD run, for a moment, he forgot his coach-speak, one-game-at-a-time stuff and started thinking about the game-changing talent and leadership of his QB from a big picture, historical view. It was Lamar who snapped him back to reality, with his Super Bowl or bust mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    I think Harbs was so in awe of that crazy TD run, for a moment, he forgot his coach-speak, one-game-at-a-time stuff and started thinking about the game-changing talent and leadership of his QB from a big picture, historical view. It was Lamar who snapped him back to reality, with his Super Bowl or bust mentality.
    Yeah that’s how I saw it too. Harbs was being a big kid while Lamar was being the adult. Wild. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Harbs this happy or proud besides the Super Bowl.

https://youtu.be/GXNoAS0AUpw

Great analysis by Nate Burleson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    His dad died on the same day as his Grandma. Shits wild man.
    Any chance that is why he wears the number 8? I wonder if anyone has asked him that question?
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

9. Re: Lamar and Harbs

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Lets not forget he has a brother that had a lot of success with an extremely athletic and mobile quarterback. Jim came about as close as you can to winning a Superbowl with Kaepernick. So there was a bit of a blueprint or precedent.
    Yup, and both teams have Greg Roman.