Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar and Harbs

Blog Entries

Re: Lamar and Harbs

John has been a bit more like Jim with his QB this season, I am loving it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm not comfortable with laying all that on him. Lamar is allergic to that sort of talk. You can tell he thinks it's just a lot of dangerous shiny nothing. Dangerous because the guy seems terrified to let success get to his head. That sort of adulation can be addictive. Lamar has said it himself before that the key is not getting too high or too low. He understands that and if that's real then it's embarrassing that Harbs engaged in that sort of talk. Lamar has also said when he sees that on TV he changes the channel. Another reason to believe the kid is the real deal. He has the self awareness and maturity to know not to get caught up in his own hype.
    Go watch "Thank You Mask Man." A film version of a classic Lenny Bruce routine in which he notes that "The Masked Man" (bka The Lone Ranger) never sticks around for the plaudits of the townsfolk -
    --Who was that masked man?

--I don't know, but I wanted to thank him...
    - & then asks the comedic question, Suppose he had stuck around once - & discovered that he liked being thanked?

That's kinda where we are with Lamar. And I'm ecstatic that he seems to understand the danger. But at the same time I don't think it's inappropriate for his coach, in the middle of a laugher, encourages him to take just a few moments to realize how special this has been, is being, will be.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    In retrospect, Harbaugh's decision to stick with Lamar in last year's playoff game was his greatest decision as a Raven's head coach. The loss in the playoff game was irrelevant - Harbaugh knew he was playing for bigger things - Lamar the Superstar
    Maybe next time you’ll listen to us bro.

4. Re: Lamar and Harbs

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    "I can't wait to see it...when I get older, but right now, I gotta get to the Super Bowl".
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

For sheer competitiveness, I'm thinking we have Michael Jordan in cleats.

love his humility and persona, but for God sake someone throw some endorsements his way this offseason. if I have to watch Baker Mayfield dust-buster crumbs off of FirstEnergy Stadium one more time with his team 4 games back of Lamar i'm gonna lose it

That was absolutely awesome.

I was thinking that this morning, how LJ is probably going to change the way kids play the same way that 8th graders are now practicing 3s thanks to Steph Curry.

What a great moment captured. Obviously winning will do this for fans of a franchise but I am loving John Harbaugh all over again. I was vocal after the 2017 season that he should be fired (and prior) and criticized him during that playoff loss last season (because I wanted so badly for that team to advance) but I was wrong, dead wrong. I'll echo that john saw the future and was committed to that young man's success and he has been a fantastic coach especially lately. This was a great moment that was captured and I dont think John gets enough credit for how he treats his players and the relationships he develops with them. This interaction made me love this team even more.

I'm having more fun as a ravens fan this season than I can remember. This is an amazing team and Lamar is a fantastic young man. So glad ozzie and decosta took a chance on him

Last fall, LJ brought this franchise back to life. When's the last time one man had this kind of impact? And Harbaugh was smart enough to have an entire offense designed around his unique talents.Who else w/have done that? Can you imagine if NE would have taken him in the draft as has been suggested, and Belchicheat changing the entire Patriot offense around him like that?

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    Last fall, LJ brought this franchise back to life. When's the last time one man had this kind of impact? And Harbaugh was smart enough to have an entire offense designed around his unique talents.Who else w/have done that? Can you imagine if NE would have taken him in the draft as has been suggested, and Belchicheat changing the entire Patriot offense around him like that?
    Exactly. Nobody would have done what harbaugh has. Many would have tried to change Lamar. Harbaugh is coach of the year and it isn't even close. Not that the award matters but it is his award to win as long as this thing doesn't go off the rails. But the whole team is more concerned with the next game and I love the focus

Harbs out here tryna inflate Lamar’s ego lmao and the kid can’t/won’t do anything but focus on winning games. How can you help but love this guy.