Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar and Harbs

Lamar and Harbs

I hate to start another Lamar thread...well, when you are this fucking good, it's gonna happen...but I couldn't really find a thread on the first couple pages to fit this in.

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1193930271369895936
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

2. Re: Lamar and Harbs

Quote Originally Posted by John Harbaugh
    You know how many little kids in this country are gonna be wearing number 8 [and] playing quarterback for the next 20 years?
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: Lamar and Harbs

WOW! Just wow!

I am so impressed by LJ's mindset. I've never seen a player that is more obsessed with winning and just focused on one game at a time.

I'm glad he's not buying into his own "hype". That's for us fans (and the media) to buy into. Obviously, Harbs sees how great LJ is going to be. LJ isn't focused on anything but winning the next game.

I'm SO GLAD he's my QB. (He had me convinced completely in TC and pre-season.)
    Last edited by GirlsKickButt; 11-11-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Lamar and Harbs

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I hate to start another Lamar thread...well, when you are this fucking good, it's gonna happen...but I couldn't really find a thread on the first couple pages to fit this in.

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1193930271369895936
    I've always been a proud Ravens fan, through thick and thin, but that twitter sent a chill up my spine. When I see my friends, mostly Giants and Jets fans, I'm gonna bust my buttons with pride
    ... Bc

Man Lamar just wants to be great, it's incredible to see.

I'm not comfortable with laying all that on him. Lamar is allergic to that sort of talk. You can tell he thinks it's just a lot of dangerous shiny nothing. Dangerous because the guy seems terrified to let success get to his head. That sort of adulation can be addictive. Lamar has said it himself before that the key is not getting too high or too low. He understands that and if that's real then it's embarrassing that Harbs engaged in that sort of talk. Lamar has also said when he sees that on TV he changes the channel. Another reason to believe the kid is the real deal. He has the self awareness and maturity to know not to get caught up in his own hype.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    "I can't wait to see it...when I get older, but right now, I gotta get to the Super Bowl".

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    "I can't wait to see it...when I get older, but right now, I gotta get to the Super Bowl".

Remember when we lost 2 games this season and half the board wanted to fire Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    He had me convicted completely in TC and pre-season.
    OMG, he already had to get a restraining order against you?

You are one serious fan!

Where's the numbers/stats to measure that? For all the "take this away" guys, I bet you don't want to take that away.

Lamar's a throwback. How many of today's athletes regardless of sport show this humility or love/passion?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm not comfortable with laying all that on him. Lamar is allergic to that sort of talk. You can tell he thinks it's just a lot of dangerous shiny nothing. Dangerous because the guy seems terrified to let success get to his head. That sort of adulation can be addictive. Lamar has said it himself before that the key is not getting too high or too low. He understands that and if that's real then it's embarrassing that Harbs engaged in that sort of talk. Lamar has also said when he sees that on TV he changes the channel. Another reason to believe the kid is the real deal. He has the self awareness and maturity to know not to get caught up in his own hype.
    I just think it was a rare moment when Harbaugh just saw him as we fans do and let him know. You just can't help to be blown away by what this kid is on and off the field. He's got all the tangibles and intangibles to be great.