Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Up Next: Houston Texans

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Looks to me like they cleaned up the run D at halftime.

possession quarter type Snaps Yards YPP
    CIN
    run
    CIN
    run
    CIN
    run
    CIN
    run
    CIN
    all
    run

Ignores 3 scrambles that gained 20 yards (first gained 16, then 3, then 1)
    Following up on this today with some info from Filmstudy's defense article (link, go read it!). Looks like the Ravens adjusted to Pierce's absence by going to Big Nickel (3-3-5).

Quote Originally Posted by filmstudy
    3-3-5 Nickel (12): Martindale used this package more than any other game this season in what appears to have been an attempt to slow down the Bengals run game. The Ravens held the Bengals to 38 total yards on these plays (3.2 YPP), including just 13 yards on 8 runs (1.6 YPC).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: Up Next: Houston Texans

This is what their fans are saying

https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/g...timore.114707/

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Reed View Post
    Now this I gotta see
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Reed View Post
    So usually whenever I read an upcoming opponent's board I'm amazed at how much they don't know football, but these Texans fans know what's up. The only thing I've read that is flat out wrong is "Their TEs are nothing special."
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    So usually whenever I read an upcoming opponent's board I'm amazed at how much they don't know football, but these Texans fans know what's up. The only thing I've read that is flat out wrong is "Their TEs are nothing special."
    Yeah football is big in Texas and their fans are pretty objective. I saw a few comments that I every week “hit Lamar hard when he runs” type stuff but to be fair someone else followed up with “Who do we have that can catch him?”

I expect a good game. I think we’re a better team overall and should win at home but Watson is a hell of a talent and we’ll see what our secondary is really made of this week

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    You've got that right! Our TEs = 83 receptions out of 116 targets (71.5% catch rate) for 949 yards (105 yds per game) and 7 TDs. I hope the Texans DC dismisses them too... Bc

My favorite comment was the guy that said this:

I like Jackson but he has also never really played under the bright lights like Watson has

Probably didn't watch the Pats game. I get what he's implying but all the media attention and bright lights doesn't distract him. Dude is super focus on winning.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    My favorite comment was the guy that said this:

I like Jackson but he has also never really played under the bright lights like Watson has

Probably didn't watch the Pats game. I get what he's implying but all the media attention and bright lights doesn't distract him. Dude is super focus on winning.
    Some guy on that board also wrote hit him late, lay the wood on him, and have the coach pay the fines - just to scare LJ. I guess they are so scared they have to resort to low blows to think they can beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Could some of that success be due to the Bengals pretty abandoning the run once the ravens blew the game open?
    They did not

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I'd like to see Hollywood worked more into the game, he's our best WR. The guy is explosive and I haven't seen anyone beat him yet. Hollywood is the type of WR that will gash you for 15-20 yards in the open field after a 5 yard catch. If he puts on more muscle in the offseason, he'll be nasty next year.

Houston will get their points. This will not be a low-scoring game. Luckily, we have an offense that can put up 30 points easy. Houston has to come into this game thinking anything less than 27-30 points won't be enough to win this game. We haven't had a single game this year where we haven't scored at LEAST 23 points and we have 4 games with 30 points or more.

Some of them also suffer from the.....make him throw from the pocket, hes better outside the pocket incorrect viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepercreepermd View Post
    Yeah football is big in Texas and their fans are pretty objective. I saw a few comments that I every week “hit Lamar hard when he runs” type stuff but to be fair someone else followed up with “Who do we have that can catch him?”

I expect a good game. I think we’re a better team overall and should win at home but Watson is a hell of a talent and we’ll see what our secondary is really made of this week
    They seem pretty knowledgeable I agree and Texas is a big football state so that makes sense. That one yahoo saying "Fear and Pain blah blah.. Hit him and make him pay.... blah blah blah" I don't think realizes that Jackson can do what he does is because his vision and athleticism allow him to avoid big/direct. He's not 250lb guy playing like a fullback. To hit him you have to be faster than him and no one is faster than him.