Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries

Re: Up Next: Houston Texans

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    This is probably a bigger test than the Patriots game. A young talented team.

Their offense vs our D is concerning. But the Texans have a poor OL.

Their D is not invincible but they'll be most prepared to play our offense.
    They don’t have a poor Oline. They will be tough especially coming off the bye

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

My biggest fear in this game is an unlikely person...Duke Johnson. He is a really good air back. Shifty and tough on linebackers in space. Had the Browns had a coaching staff they would have utilized him more.

Not sure if O'Brien will be smart enough to make him a focal point in this game or not.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

https://youtu.be/s1IdMK1zYoA

Man Lamar was tiny. Lamar vs Watson: Their first encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofThePillow View Post
    I've seen some forums with "Homers" that drink the "Koolaid " but dear Heavens... I went to TexansTalk and you would think the Texans were the defending superbowl champions and 8-0. Theyve truly got some SUPERFANS over there. Either that or theyre Texans players family members undercover.

With that being said. This will be a tough matchup. Wouldnt be surprised If it went either way. I'll say Ravens 25-24.

The speed of Hopkins and Fuller scare the crap outta me tho.
    This game will be completely different from the NE game. Watson right now is better than Brady and has better weapons. He's mobile too, not Jackson-mobile, but mobile. This is going to be closer to the KC game earlier in the year than anything else we've faced.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Up Next: Houston Texans

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They don’t have a poor Oline. They will be tough especially coming off the bye
    Rwt, the Ravens were on a BYE two weeks ago and kind of a BYE last week too... Bc

Blog Entries

ESPN.com ranks this game as the most difficult in the remaining Ravens schedule. I would say it is at least the one with the most playoff implications. Win this and the Ravens are on the driver's seat for a first-round bye. I think the Ravens will have to bring their A game. If they do I am confident they will win. They need to keep the Houston offense off the field, just as they did to the Patriots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    This game will be completely different from the NE game. Watson right now is better than Brady and has better weapons. He's mobile too, not Jackson-mobile, but mobile. This is going to be closer to the KC game earlier in the year than anything else we've faced.
    They need to keep the Houston offense off the field, just as they did to the Patriots. The great differential is that this is being played in Baltimore. I think it will be tough, but if the Ravens bring their A game they will win comfortably.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofThePillow View Post
    I've seen some forums with "Homers" that drink the "Koolaid " but dear Heavens... I went to TexansTalk and you would think the Texans were the defending superbowl champions and 8-0. Theyve truly got some SUPERFANS over there. Either that or theyre Texans players family members undercover.

With that being said. This will be a tough matchup. Wouldnt be surprised If it went either way. I'll say Ravens 25-24.

The speed of Hopkins and Fuller scare the crap outta me tho.
    Yes, tell me about it. Houston fans are very optimistic, and let's say a little unrealistic about their teams. I have been there as an opposing fan and saw (ad heard) it.

At 7-2 coming off some big wins.. safe to say we're walking onto the field next week against the Texans like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    At 7-2 coming off some big wins.. safe to say we're walking onto the field next week against the Texans like this:

Those guys bein silly.

If our offense (with the defense's help) keeps putting 35+ points on the scoreboard I don't see what the problem is with letting the Bengals or the Texans run for 200 yards.
    Very hard to play catch up if you're only giving them the run. We should know.

My main concern is our inability to convert pressure into throw-aways / qb hits / sacks. If you watch DeShaun against the Jags, the o-line was fairly porous, but Watson is special at avoiding rushers, buying time and making plays. Think Roethlisburger in his prime with respect to buying time. I don't care how talented or deep our CBs are, asking Marlon to stay on Nuk for 5 seconds is a tall order. When things get off schedule we need to make the pressure count, which is something we've been very poor at so far this year. I'm having flashbacks to the two or three "Sieler almost sacks" of Finley from Sunday, except instead of an incompletion, it's a 30-yard chunk play. Gotta avoid those.