Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Draft Position Rankings

Now that the draft is over and we've had time to digest it, I'm curious where the RSR community would rank the various position groups on our team relative to the other 31 teams.

I think there are plenty of you who are better informed on this than I am, but I'll take a first crack just to demonstrate. Sometimes I list a specific ranking. Sometimes I list a range. I'm ranking based on how I think they are likely to perform in 2020, not future potential.

QB: 2 (behind Mahomes)
    RB: 1-5
    WR: 21-25
    TE: 4-8
    T: 6-10
    iOL: 16-20
    DL: 6-15
    EDGE: 16-20
    LB: 11-20
    CB: 1-5
    S: 6-10

Feel free to use different position categories or different criteria.
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 05-07-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Re: Post Draft Position Rankings

I challenge you to name 10 teams better at S or 5 better at TE than us

CB is also just 1. I’m comfortable not putting a range on there.

10-20 feels aggressive for LB as much as I like Queen and Harrison.

I would also like to hear 4-9 teams better at OT

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I challenge you to name 10 teams better at S or 5 better at TE than us
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I think there are plenty of you who are better informed on this than I am
    I didn't claim expertise on this, and I'm open to being convinced otherwise. I'm just throwing it out there to see where others stand.

But for fun I'll give it a shot.

TE
    We shipped out Hurst who, while lightly used in the passing game, was both a plus blocker and plus receiver for a TE. Andrews and Boyle are a a great combo. I think you could argue Kelce, Kittle, and Waller are better TE1's than Andrews. There are also some good 2 TE combos like Ertz (very good in his own right) and Goedert for the Eagles and Higbee and Everett for the Rams. So I think the argument can at least be made.

S
    Upon further inspection I agree. I'll put safety in the 6-10 range.

Now that the draft is over and we've had time to digest it, I'm curious where the RSR community would rank the various position groups on our team relative to the other 31 teams.

I think there are plenty of you who are better informed on this than I am, but I'll take a first crack just to demonstrate. Sometimes I list a specific ranking. Sometimes I list a range. I'm ranking based on how I think they are likely to perform in 2020, not future potential.

CB is unequivocally #1, no team has more depth at that position.
    S, I'd say the Ravens are #4 at worst.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and put Lamar at #1 over Mahomes, he's coming off an MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    CB is unequivocally #1, no team has more depth at that position.
    S, I'd say the Ravens are #4 at worst.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and put Lamar at #1 over Mahomes, he's coming off an MVP.
    Mahomes just won Super Bowl MVP, I don’t think it’s crazy to rank him above Lamar

Mahomes has the top spot for sure.

Our iOL is among the worst in the league IMHO. Other than that, it looks good. Our edge isn’t average either. Those are the two biggest weak spots in the team.

I give you max points for courage. My 2 cents: our IOL is better than 16-20. Just watch.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I give you max points for courage. My 2 cents: our IOL is better than 16-20. Just watch.
    Same here. The Ravens have been pretty good at developing interior linemen and I trust Coach Joe to get them into shape. I'll even bet that Powers holds down one of the guard spots this year.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

I would argue the Ravens have a bottom 5 WR group, this franchise literally hates that position and has likely cost themselves a Super Bowl in the last 15 years by not taking it seriously... and the fans are just as blissfully ignorant as the front office is about WR

The analytics say its one of the most important positions in the modern game

"Oh but they drafted there"

Besides Hollywood those are basically lottery tickets. How about get a proven playmaker like the Bills did