Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: New Source for Stats

Data coming later.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    You have 461 pass attempts for Lamar.

PFR has 401 attempts for Lamar on the season. Add in 38 for RG3 and one for Sam Koch, that's 440 pass attempts for Ravens on the season. Where's the 461 come from?
    I have 460, not 461. That agrees with PFR (link). No throws from Sam Koch nor RG3 appear in that chart.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: New Source for Stats

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Data coming later.

I have 460, not 461. That agrees with PFR (link). No throws from Sam Koch nor RG3 appear in that chart.
    Ah: includes playoffs!

That's why this PFR page has different:

Sorry; thanks.

3. Re: New Source for Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Ah: includes playoffs!

That's why this PFR page has different:

Sorry; thanks.
    Thanks for checking!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

4. Re: New Source for Stats

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Attempts and completions for passes 10 and 20+ yards downfield
    10-19 Air Yards
    Player Com Att Com% TD INT
    Jackson
    55%
    Mahomes
    54%

20+ Air Yards
    Jackson
    32%
    Mahomes
    48%

We can get a rough estimate of the "average" NFL QB by dividing the totals for everyone by 32 (don't quite have every throw though, so it's not perfect).

10-19 Air Yards
    NFL Total/32
    56%

20+ Air Yards
    NFL Total/32
    36%

5. Re: New Source for Stats

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Attempts and completions:
    x<-15 &
    x>15 &
    y<10

This is more looking outside and short. I would be interested in that data.
    15 yards is just outside the numbers (the outside edge of the numbers should be roughly 14.67 yards). I'm only going to do Lamar here, but let me know if you want comparison to other QBs. I'll break it down by each side first, then combine them.

Lamar Com Att Com% TD INT
    Left
    88%
    Right
    72%
    Total
    80%

Blog Entries

10-19 Air Yards
    Jackson
    55%
    Mahomes
    54%

20+ Air Yards
    Jackson
    32%
    Mahomes
    48%

We can get a rough estimate of the "average" NFL QB by dividing the totals for everyone by 32 (don't quite have every throw though, so it's not perfect).

10-19 Air Yards
    NFL Total/32
    56%

20+ Air Yards
    NFL Total/32
    36%

I kinda thought/suspected that Lamar and Mahomes would comp well or better then people expected because Lamar's always been a good downfield passer.

Mahomes eclipses him farther downfield....i'm sure part of it is Mahomes aggressiveness and arm talent, part of it is scheme aggressiveness and part of it is talent. It helps when you have 3 receiver (4?) WRs that all run 4.4 or under.
    Last edited by edromeo; 01-24-2020 at 07:48 PM.

15 yards is just outside the numbers (the outside edge of the numbers should be roughly 14.67 yards). I'm only going to do Lamar here, but let me know if you want comparison to other QBs. I'll break it down by each side first, then combine them.

Lamar Com Att Com% TD INT
    Left
    88%
    Right
    72%
    Total
    80%
    Is about where I thought he would be Left but poor to the Right. Definitely needs to work on right side passing.

I kinda thought/suspected that Lamar and Mahomes would comp well or better then people expected because Lamar's always been a good downfield passer.

Mahomes eclipses him farther downfield....i'm sure part of it is Mahomes aggressiveness and arm talent, part of it is scheme aggressiveness and part of it is talent. It helps when you have 3 receiver (4?) WRs that all run 4.4 or under.
    Is it Mahomes, scheme OR the KC WRs? That is the question.

Can adopting some scheme concepts, upgrading the WRs allowing Jackson to get close to Mahomes?

IF he gets to 90% of Mahomes 20+ passing, his running should make up the difference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Is about where I thought he would be Left but poor to the Right. Definitely needs to work on right side passing.
    Poor to the right? 72% w/ no INTs seems good.

wasn't the narrative that he was poor to the left?

Seems to me Lamar is good, relative to his peers, all over the field.

Work on the timing of those outside breaking routes and he'll be making every throw you need.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    wasn't the narrative that he was poor to the left?

Seems to me Lamar is good, relative to his peers, all over the field.

Work on the timing of those outside breaking routes and he'll be making every throw you need.
    A receiver with crisp intermediate outside the numbers routes like a Van Jefferson would help.

A receiver with crisp intermediate outside the numbers routes like a Van Jefferson would help.
    That's the need IMO. I like Boykin and he definitely has a bright future, but that's not his game.

I actually like Boykin as a big slot player. A lot of his ND film was nice quicker routes using an explosive first step. From the slot with his size and ability after the catch would be nice. Add in Lamar throwing seams and Boykin having the ups, there's a lot to like. Of course, he and Hollywood can move around, but I'd be interested in seeing Boykin in the slot a little bit if we bring in a boundary receiver like Jefferson, Mims, etc
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB