Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question on Steelers Browns game this week..

As much as I hate rooting for any of these teams should Raven fans be rooting for the Browns cause they have a worst record?

2. Re: Question on Steelers Browns game this week..

I’m inclined to say yea. I just don’t know though, something about the Browns irritates me more and I enjoy their suffering more. Don’t like the fans at all. Have great steelers fans as freidnds. I respect them.

Re: Question on Steelers Browns game this week..

Quote Originally Posted by apple1088 View Post
    As much as I hate rooting for any of these teams should Raven fans be rooting for the Browns cause they have a worst record?
    Of course.

Yes.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Without question, we root for a Browns win. A Steelers loss and a Ravens win basically puts the division out of reach (3 game lead with 6 to play).

The Steelers cream-puff schedule might allow for them to go 6-1 down the stretch. The flip side is that 5 of those are on the road (one of them here) and they are more likely to play down to one of the lesser opponents as they have in recent years. The Steelers have a pretty nice track to 10-6 right now the way I see things.

The Browns also have a cream-puff schedule but one more loss puts them at 7 which essentially wraps up their season. I put the Browns at 8-8 or 7-9 and out of the mix come December.

Blog Entries

absolutely. they're not going anywhere and there are multiple reasons why you want them to win

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

How about a tie ?

Quote Originally Posted by apple1088 View Post
    of course, especially with how easy the Steelers schedule is for the remainder of the season, except the final game against us.

Blog Entries

I want them to split so Thursday really doesn't matter.

10. Re: Question on Steelers Browns game this week..

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Bird View Post
    How about a tie ?
    A tie would probably hurt the Ravens. It would basically ensure that tiebreakers would be irrelevant, making their earlier victory over the Steelers moot. The Browns would only be able to win 9 games max if they tie, so their victory over the Ravens would also not matter (i.e. the Ravens don't gain anything in tiebreakers over the Browns with a tie, but they do lose something over the Steelers).

The preference should likely be (I'm making a ton of unchecked assumptions here, but this is my initial instinct): Browns win > tie > Steelers win.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Not rooting for either, but want the Browns to win. The way we're playing we don't need help.

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

Until the Steelers play the Ravens, the Browns on Thursday night represent the Steelers best chance for a loss so it's Browns all the way.

It's unbelievable that the Steelers could have a chance to walk into M&T at the end of the year and steal a game to go 12-4, win the division and be possibly the no. 1 seed. That is still on the table for them all with a 5-4 record. Unreal. Shows how absolutely whack teams like the Chargers, Colts and Rams are when they can't beat a team with no real offense.