Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lamar's numbers as a starter after 16 regular season games

Record: 13 - 3
    Passing: 260 completions, 413 attempts, 62.95% completion rate, 3,150 yards, 20 TDs, 8 INTs
    Rushing: 225 attempts, 1,258 yards, 5.59 yards per attempt, 10 TDs, 14 fumbles, 3 fumbles lost* (not sure on this one)
    Total: 4,408 yards, 30 TDs, 11 turnovers

The team had 3,382 rushing yards in those 16 games. That's more than the NFL record of 3,165 yards by the 1978 New England Patriots.

Re: Lamar's numbers as a starter after 16 regular season games

Not bad for a running back.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Eh, I throw last year out even though it was decent. He is a much different passer much to my surprise. His jaw-dropping bad passes and fumbles are gone. Right now he is clearly a very good NFL passer which I didn't expect at all, I was hoping he would become serviceable. His bad throws are NFL bad throws, meaning even guys like Brady and Wilson have them. And Jackson's bad throws are at about the same rate as those guys.

Very pleased and surprised at the jump. I am confident he will have the best career of his draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Eh, I throw last year out even though it was decent. He is a much different passer much to my surprise. His jaw-dropping bad passes and fumbles are gone. Right now he is clearly a very good NFL passer which I didn't expect at all, I was hoping he would become serviceable. His bad throws are NFL bad throws, meaning even guys like Brady and Wilson have them. And Jackson's bad throws are at about the same rate as those guys.

Very pleased and surprised at the jump. I am confident he will have the best career of his draft class.
    I agree with most of this, but since he's now played a full season, it's good to see what the overall numbers are. One thing I forgot to mention is that the team has scored 20 or more points in every one of his regular season starts.
    Last edited by InigoMontoya; 11-11-2019 at 01:14 PM.

You can't throw last year out. It's a body of work both good and bad.

I'm not surprised because he works hard. It's also a great thing that your best player is your hardest worker is humble and likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    the team has scored 20 or more points in every one of his starts.
    Reg-season starts. They only put up 17 in the playoff game, unfortunately.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

I'm not surprised because he works hard. It's also a great thing that your best player is your hardest worker is humble and likeable.
    He had little to work with and was much more of a runner by design. His passing was not even close to this level.

I have no issue with counting last year but as one of his harshest critics last year he just isn't the same passer. His off-season work has made him a high-quality passer. My point is those numbers from last year are not really who he is right now and at this point you can't just call it a good run. I think it is a future indicator of what we can expect. Last year isn't.

Blog Entries

He had little to work with and was much more of a runner by design. His passing was not even close to this level.

I have no issue with counting last year but as one of his harshest critics last year he just isn't the same passer. His off-season work has made him a high-quality passer. My point is those numbers from last year are not really who he is right now and at this point you can't just call it a good run. I think it is a future indicator of what we can expect. Last year isn't.
    100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

Exactly. Why are folks always trying to "take something away" to fit their narrative? Besides numbers don't fully measure heart and will and humility.

Passing: 260 completions, 413 attempts, 62.95% completion rate, 3,150 yards, 20 TDs, 8 INTs
    Rushing: 225 attempts, 1,258 yards, 5.59 yards per attempt, 10 TDs, 14 fumbles, 3 fumbles lost* (not sure on this one)

The team had 3,382 rushing yards in those 16 games. That's more than the NFL record of 3,165 yards by the 1978 New England Patriots.
    If he can increase that completion percentage by about 5% he'll be unstoppable. In 2019, his completion percentage is basically 66%, so last years numbers when he wasn't passing as efficiently are holding him down.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Reg-season starts. They only put up 17 in the playoff game, unfortunately.
    Thanks. I corrected it. :)

Can anyone with the time, know-how, and will to do so try to find what the all-time 16-game span record is for rushing yards by a team? So not the single-season record, but the 16-game span record, even if those games straddle across two seasons... I'm curious if this 3,382 would be that record or not!