For AFC OPOW: Lamar or Mahomes?

Can make an argument Mahomes 447 yards 3 TD passing. But it was in a losing cause.

Lamar's stats were just amazing. 288 total yards (223 passing and 65 rushing). 4 TDs. (3 passing and 1 amazing rushing TD). Perfect QB rating. But it was against a winless team.

So who gets it? You know my vote.

Re: For AFC OPOW: Lamar or Mahomes?

If you didn't win, your offensive performance was, by definition, not good enough.

Derrick Henry made a strong case with 188 yds rushing and 2 TD’s

4. Re: For AFC OPOW: Lamar or Mahomes?

Perfect passer rating + Lamar's longest run yet, with highlight 360? That one there.

I think if Lamar hadn’t just won it last week, he’s probably getting it this week. As it is, they might want to give Mahomes or Henry the nod for being “almost as great as Lamar.” 😀

Lamar should win it again this week

Don't think there's any question Lamar will get the award again this week. The entire country can't stop talking about him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Don't think there's any question Lamar will get the award again this week. The entire country can't stop talking about him.
    I can't stop looking at that run. It's almost hypnotic.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I can't stop looking at that run. It's almost hypnotic.
    Yea especially when it's slowed down. I think Lamar wins it. We all know these weekly awards are popularity contests. Lamar will get it on that highlight spin alone lol. That's 3 Offensive Player of the Week awards. 2 Air and 1 Ground. Don't think a QB has ever gotten the award for his GROUND performance lol.

"Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Lamar did not play on the Ravens final 2 drives of the game. If he had continued at the same rate of yards & touchdowns per drive as he did during his first 5 drives of that game, then he would have finished the game with 403 yards and 6 TDs. Lamar had the better, more efficient game, but not quite as much bulk stats because he left the game with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.