Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Sam Koch, a player taken for granted

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    But vedvik!! Lol remember those crazies who wanted to trade koch away?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I'd take the pick for Vedvik but if you think we couldn't have used the cap space I don't know what to tell you. Our cap space (or lack thereof) is a big reason why we couldn't get a pass rusher at the deadline.
    Last edited by boller4president; 11-11-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Yeah I wanted vedvik. Glad they don't listen to me.

I think all of the Wolfpack will be in the ROH. Even Morgan Cox

3. Re: Sam Koch, a player taken for granted

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    But vedvik!! Lol remember those crazies who wanted to trade koch away?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I think they've taken cover.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I'd take the pick for Vedvik but if you think we couldn't have used the cap space I don't know what to tell you. Our cap space (or lack thereof) if a big reason why we couldn't get a pass rusher at the deadline.
    I've never agreed with this line of thinking or reasoning. The Ravens FO doesn't miss on a guy because they can't afford him or they are to cap strapped. They miss because they set a value and they stick to it...whether that be an unwillingness to part with picks or just having a firm number. Cap space can be artificially manufactured if a team really covets a player.

Who was the pass rusher the Ravens could have gotten at the deadline that they couldn't afford or didn't have cap space for?

It's sounds like all the threads where people have lamented for years that the team never has enough money to make a "big splash" in FA. First, that's not true and they have signed expensive players over the years. Second, it has more to do with whatever their matrix is of calculating a player's value. There was a vocal contingent of folks on here complaining that the team overpaid for ET this year because they put so much more on the table than the 1 year deal he was about to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I've never agreed with this line of thinking or reasoning. The Ravens FO doesn't miss on a guy because they can't afford him or they are to cap strapped. They miss because they set a value and they stick to it...whether that be an unwillingness to part with picks or just having a firm number. Cap space can be artificially manufactured if a team really covets a player.

Who was the pass rusher the Ravens could have gotten at the deadline that they couldn't afford or didn't have cap space for?

It's sounds like all the threads where people have lamented for years that the team never has enough money to make a "big splash" in FA. First, that's not true and they have signed expensive players over the years. Second, it has more to do with whatever their matrix is of calculating a player's value. There was a vocal contingent of folks on here complaining that the team overpaid for ET this year because they put so much more on the table than the 1 year deal he was about to sign.
    I am fine with it because we got the pick. Also I'm not sure Vedvik would have given up kicking for punting at that point anyways.

It's just when you say we wouldn't have otherwise spent the money and that the low the cap figure doesn't affect what we do/did that isn't true like for example we lost out on Houston and McCoy in the offseason mainly because both guys wanted large shortterm deals and we couldn't offer that because we didn't have the cap space.

We also didn't have the cap space after the Peters move to make a trade for a pass rusher at the deadline and to be clear I am not saying we would have signed McCoy or Houston or made a trade but for that all I am saying is that for many of us when we looked at the cap situation and what Koch was making (4m) and saw Vedvik (600K) that is were the thought the process was.
    Last edited by boller4president; 11-12-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I am fine with it because we got the pick. Also I'm not sure Vedvik would have given up kicking for punting at that point anyways.

It's just when you say we wouldn't have otherwise spent the money and that the low the cap figure doesn't affect what we do/did that isn't true like for example we lost out on Houston and McCoy in the offseason mainly because both guys wanted large shortterm deals and we couldn't offer that because we didn't have the cap space.

We also didn't have the cap space after the Peters move to make a trade for a pass rusher at the deadline and to be clear I am not saying we would have signed McCoy or Houston or made a trade but for that all I am saying is that for many of us when we looked at the cap situation and what Koch was making (4m) and saw Vedvik (600K) that is were the thought the process was.
    I know where the thought process comes from. I just think it's misplaced. I don't believe the Ravens ever truly want a guy and look at the numbers and say, "oh we can't sign him because we only have this much cap left". They determine a value and make an offer. They usually stand firm on that offer. Guy takes or shops it and makes a decision. restructures of the largest cap deals are always on the table. Backloading a contract is always on the table. Overpaying (based on internal evaluations) because some other team offered an amount above and beyond what the Ravens want to pay, is rarely on the table. Has nothing to do with cap when the rubber meets the road. They may imply that, although I've never heard it, but it's more likely to be a "logical" conclusion that we as fans come up with.

Saw this on Twitter and was a bit surprised. Cushiest job in the NFL right now.

Sam Koch is still the best punter in the NFL, but his Pro Bowl candidacy is hampered by a lack of punts.

His 21 punts are the fewest in the NFL among the 32 full-time punters. He's on pace for just 37 punts. Previous career-low was 60 (2014 and 2018).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Reed View Post
    Saw this on Twitter and was a bit surprised. Cushiest job in the NFL right now.

Sam Koch is still the best punter in the NFL, but his Pro Bowl candidacy is hampered by a lack of punts.

His 21 punts are the fewest in the NFL among the 32 full-time punters. He's on pace for just 37 punts. Previous career-low was 60 (2014 and 2018).
    Highly efficient offense + analytics

The holder for field goals is the most under appreciated and most vital position in football.
    Thanks Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezo View Post
    The holder for field goals is the most under appreciated and most vital position in football.
    Thanks Sam.
    Lies! Any member of the 53 can do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Lies! Any member of the 53 can do it...

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!
    You dug up the video while I was busy fiddling with the image url thing trying to find a smug enough picture to post.

LMAO!

Also, I hate Tony Romo. hated him as a player....slightly less hate for him as an announcer, but that's only because I don't have to see him actually playing.