Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Rest of the year

If they are going to lose again (and I'm not sure they will...not until the divisional round when they play a KC or NE or HOU again), I think it's this week. This is the only team with a QB that can somewhat replicate the experience of playing LJ. Watson is not as fast and the Texans don't run the wild ass offense we do, but HOU's defense should be more prepared to face this than anyone else we've played.

Not really worried about any other team we play including SF. SF is a strong team, great line, but LJ tends to negate that. We will take care of them at home.

Peeps need to readjust their expectations if they haven't done so yet. Team is great, one of the 3-4 elite teams in the league. We're winning 11-12 games. It's not the 8-8 team a lot of us thought it'd be before the season started.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

i think this is our toughest game left. Fortunately it's at home. San Fran is next toughest. I think we are better matchup against them than the Texans.

At this point of the season need to think tiebreakers and this will help to get one this weekend. Whereas San Fran will be nice but not necessary if we are to lose one down the road.

I think the floor is 11-5 for this season. I don't think pats are catchable despite being back one. The offense is rolling but I don't think we much better than an average D this year. The turnovers recently have really helped offset them but you can't count on them every week.

Blog Entries

I'm not gonna get hyped up and say we don't lose a couple, despite Goff looking bad, that Rams D front is still scary. Niners look like a juggernaut. Deshaun Watson looks like he'll pass for fun on most teams and looks like there's signs of life in the Steelers.

Its a difficult schedule and whilst the Ravens look up for every game, I think one or two of the above peg them back.

It helps us against Houston that Watt is out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It helps us against Houston that Watt is out.
    I'd love to see 14-2 and agree that the trade of Clowney and the loss of Watt helps us. I just want to point out that the Steelers are closer than one might think.

They play Cleveland (3-6) twice (who unlike us they handle pretty well), the Bengals (0-9), Cardinals (3-6-1), Bills (6-3), Jets (2-7), and Ravens (7-2).

So the only games they have left are the Bills and US. They have the Bills at home which will favor the Steelers. So let's say they lose to the Bills... It would be easy to see them finishing 10-5.

We have Texans-Home (6-3) , Rams-Away (5-4) , 49ers-Home (8-0), Bills-Away (6-3), Jets Away (2-7), Browns (3-6), Steelers- Home (5-4).

The schedule clearly favors the Steelers who have come back from the dead!

One loss to any of those teams could lead to a playoff game in week 16. Remember that we lost to the Browns and the Steelers could run the division leaving a pretty tight scenario in week 16.

I know we look like world beaters and have won 5 in a row but our arch enemy has won 4 in a row with their 2nd and 3rd string QBs. Also the teams that the Steelers play before week 16 are more likely to throw in the towel the last few weeks. So the only real game they have before our meeting is likely the Bills. We would have the Jets and Browns, but do you expect the Browns to play us tough regardless of the record? I do

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Just beat the Texans. Worry about the others as they come up. The Ravens could beat every team left but that doesn't mean they will. The Saints fans were all saying the same things and then the got blown out by the Falcons. 1 game at a time.
    Save that for the team. No problem with the fans looking ahead. Not like we're the ones playing.

7. Re: Rest of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    One loss to any of those teams could lead to a playoff game in week 16. Remember that we lost to the Browns and the Steelers could run the division leaving a pretty tight scenario in week 16.
    Week 17*

All I can say to the meat of your post is that the Ravens control their own destiny. Win and the division (and a first round bye) is theirs. The Steelers are definitely still alive, but they can only catch the Ravens if the Ravens lose multiple games.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    Please?

Tell me we cannot lose another game or two by the final week-at least one.And then look at Pittsburgh's schedule.
    I'm with you. Yeah I'm confident in our abilities, but would like to have a little more breathing room

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    So the only games they have left are the Bills and US. They have the Bills at home which will favor the Steelers. So let's say they lose to the Bills... It would be easy to see them finishing 10-5.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace
    Really not sure why anyone here is overly concerned with the Bills. They have ZERO wins against any team a winning record. Of their 6 Ws, 5 came against: Miami, Cincy, NY Jets, Giants, Skins. Their signature victory so far was beating a mediocre, 5-5 Titans team.

Sandwiched between the Fins and Jets, their upcoming schedule includes the following teams (in order): Broncos, Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Pats. Josh Allen is one of the least-productive QBs in the NFL. Admittedly, they have a very good Def, but still - I'll be shocked if they finish better than 8-8.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Really not sure why anyone here is overly concerned with the Bills. They have ZERO wins against any team a winning record. Of their 6 Ws, 5 came against: Miami, Cincy, NY Jets, Giants, Skins. Their signature victory so far was beating a mediocre, 5-5 Titans team.

Sandwiched between the Fins and Jets, their upcoming schedule includes the following teams (in order): Broncos, Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Pats. Josh Allen is one of the least-productive QBs in the NFL. Admittedly, they have a very good Def, but still - I'll be shocked if they finish better than 8-8.
    My point is that is the only team Pittsburgh has with a winning team. And they may not having a winning record then.

Houston and Niners will be tough, but hard to really know how we match up. I'll split the difference and say we go 1-1 here. Steelers at the end are not a lock either - even at home. Out of all the teams we face this season, they're the ones that remind me the most of last year's chargers as far as fast and physical LBs/Safeties. Happy to be proven wrong. One thing's for sure, this year's schedule was no cake walk and this team showed up to play.