Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What Will It Take to Extend Peters?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    While I love the pick sixes, he’s not very physical.
    Don’t know about his whole body of work, but he does seem to be tackling averse when compared to our other CB’s. Saw lots of arm tackling and shoving out of bounds, little sticking and wrapping. How do the rest of you rate his coverage when not jumping routes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'll be super disappointed if Peters gets away from us

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Tag him. Sign him to 5/75.
    That's 15/yr. If it's 5 years it's going to be more like 5/85+

4. Re: What Will It Take to Extend Peters?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That's 15/yr. If it's 5 years it's going to be more like 5/85+
    Isn't that literally the contract Xavien Howard just signed? Is Peters really going to get more?
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Isn't that literally the contract Xavien Howard just signed? Is Peters really going to get more?
    Like you said he signed for 5/75 and he really only got that deal because the Dolphins were cheap with the bonus money (7m) giving them an out for 3/41. Fuller got 4/56. Butler got 5/61. Probably Peters deserves something better then Butler but assuming he gets a decent sized bonus less then Howard. 5/70? Something like what Trumane Johnson got with a 18-20 million bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I’m making him the highest paid CB in the league
    Xavien Howard, 5/$75
    Adjust for inflation... 5/80?

I’m in.., Clowney for about the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt we pay Tavon too?

I think it will be adequate compensation. I don’t think he is going to command a market reset. $15/yr should do it

Blog Entries

That's not someone you want to give an extension to.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If we dont sign him we will probably get a 3rd rd comp pick, then we go into next season and see where we need to improve and we trade a 4th for a need player in their contract year like we did with Peters. We get that player for a playoff run, then flip them into a 3rd or 4th rd pick the following year, and continue to do that. Some of those comp picks are going to turn into impact players with the 80/20 rule!

It’s too small sample size to decide yet, but I don’t think we could have asked for more than Peters has delivered so far.

I am usually not on the bandwagon to sign players to sky-high contracts, but if Peters keeps this up then I might change my mind. Right now he’s looking like a game-changer and that’s worth paying for.

I get the hesitation to pay Peters, but locking down 3/4 of our backfield with Humphrey, Peters, and Thomas is a really exciting idea. One a related side note, I feel like Tony Jefferson may be done as a Raven. Great guy and a solid player but I feel like we can do more with his 7mil cap savings (4 mil dead money though) with Clark paying well and Elliott still a wild card.