Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlon Humphrey

Blog Entries

Marlon Humphrey

I was wrong ass all hell about this one and last night sealed it. We already saw that he can play Press, he can play off, he can play man and he can play zone. He is one of the best tackling CBs in the league, and does a great job of getting off of blocks in run defense.

But last night, I saw that man, not only jump into the slot, but to cover Julian Edelman no less. He had help here and there, but he squared up on him quite a bit. Edelmanís workrate is insane. So, the workrate it would take to cover him is even more insane. Edelman didnít start making catches until we started moving Humphrey around and when they were able to just get Edelman away from him.

This is an All-Pro season for Humphrey, minimum.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Marlon Humphrey

I was ticked off that we passed on OJ Howard, Reuben Foster, Jonathan Allen for Marlon in the draft. Glad to be wrong. What a playmate.

Playmaker, I meant. 😁

A goon with a nose for the ball!

I donít see Ramsey making as many plays as Humphrey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I donít see Ramsey making as many plays as Humphrey.
    If youíre playing man press, with good pressure upfront, Ramsey can be that guy. With Humphrey, it doesnít matter what defense you are running. He can play at an All-Pro level.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I was ticked off that we passed on OJ Howard, Reuben Foster, Jonathan Allen for Marlon in the draft. Glad to be wrong. What a playmate.
    I really wanted the Ravens to take an offensive player with their first pick, but I was ok with Marlon assuming the Ravens did their homework on him and they did. You can never have enough cornerbacks and pass rushers.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Marlon Humphrey

While this is a thread about Marlon Humphrey, I'd like to ask : Does any other team have three CBs the quality of Humphrey, Peters, and Jimmy Smith? ... Bc

I’m still pissed at the back judge for heaving a flag about 30 yards behind a play and calling a personal foul on Marlon. 3 refs near the play didn’t think it was flag worthy but the dunce 30 yards down field somehow had laser vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Iím still pissed at the back judge for heaving a flag about 30 yards behind a play and calling a personal foul on Marlon. 3 refs near the play didnít think it was flag worthy but the dunce 30 yards down field somehow had laser vision.
    It is amazing how poor the officiating is in the NFL. Billions of dollars in revenue but the NFL cannot find competent referees. They call fouls that do not happen and then nothing when there is a clear penalty. As long as the Ravens win then I will be happy but referees should not be deciding the outcomes of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I’m still pissed at the back judge for heaving a flag about 30 yards behind a play and calling a personal foul on Marlon. 3 refs near the play didn’t think it was flag worthy but the dunce 30 yards down field somehow had laser vision.
    He hit his helmet. It was a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He hit his helmet. It was a penalty
    Right. It wasn't helmet to helmet but it was contact to the head and neck area of a defenseless receiver. It was a legit call. Could have also not called it.