Monday Night Countdown Opening

Did anyone else see the opening to Monday Night Countdown last night? Keshawn & Derrick Brooks were on the screen, & Chris Berman was talking about how they used to be teamates, then he said that Derrick Brooks has been the best LB in the last 10 years in the NFL. Now,coming from Baltimore & being a Ravens fan, I might be a bit biased, but I seem to remember we have this guy named Ray Lewis, who has been a 2 time DPOY & Super Bowl MVP. I don't know because I am in no way an expert like the talking heads, but Ray Lewis is the best LB to ever play in the NFL. I'll take Ray Lewis anyday over Derrick Brooks or any other LB. Maybe Chris Berman needs his head examined, or maybe he's been toting on Irvin's crack pipe.
    Last edited by PARavensJeff; 11-14-2006 at 11:10 AM.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

2. Re: Monday Night Countdown Opening

Derrick Brooks?

He was a beast during the the super bowl year.

I'd put him the top 10 over the last 10 years.

I'd put Ray in the top 3

OCR

Re: Monday Night Countdown Opening

Oops, thanks OCR, got busy at work & typed in the wrong name. I didn't say he wasn't a beast, the guy is a player, but I'd rather have Ray than any other LB. We all know that DB isn't the best in the last 10 years.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

4. Re: Monday Night Countdown Opening

I'm with ya

Derrick Brooks is like a Boulware clone in my opinion but with the longevity on his side.

Best in the last 10 years? I don't think so. After seeing him get owned by the Ravens offense week 1, missing tackles and being essentially invisible, I think it is clear his career is winding down.

Ray on the other hand, look at our defense without him.

I wasn't too thrown off by Berman's assertion.

He's generally an idiot with tenure and a catchy schtickt that newbies and old ladies like, which prolongs his career.

He's the Marty Bass of ESPN.

And of course since 1996 Ray Lewis has redefined the position.

Nuff Said.