Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: AJ Green officially OUT for Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    I've got a coworker who ran into him during his lunch break today. Judging by the photo he sent me, he looks healthy. He missed practice this week because he was sick. I'm not worried.
    My daughter is at Auburn and had a fever and was throwing up all night 2 nights ago. People get sick. Especially this time of year when it gets cold it seems like there is a wave of colds/illness. You could hear it in his voice. I'm sure they checked him over good. He just needs some rest I would imagine. Just rest him and watch him to make sure he doesn't get pneumonia or anything like that. I'm sure they took a strep test.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    My daughter is at Auburn and had a fever and was throwing up all night 2 nights ago. People get sick. Especially this time of year when it gets cold it seems like there is a wave of colds/illness. You could hear it in his voice. I'm sure they checked him over good. He just needs some rest I would imagine. Just rest him and watch him to make sure he doesn't get pneumonia or anything like that. I'm sure they took a strep test.
    Always baffles me when people write off 'Illness' injury reports as not a big deal. Sure, these guys get the best of the best when it comes to treatment but, especially at this time of year getting a bug really can wipe you out and even with the best remedies you're going to be very much affected. Now, maybe Lamar (and Yanda) only have mild colds which is what's suggested but it still shouldn't just be shrugged off.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    I've got a coworker who ran into him during his lunch break today. Judging by the photo he sent me, he looks healthy. He missed practice this week because he was sick. I'm not worried.
    He was reported as a full participant at practice today.

He's killed the Ravens over the years. I won't miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Always baffles me when people write off 'Illness' injury reports as not a big deal. Sure, these guys get the best of the best when it comes to treatment but, especially at this time of year getting a bug really can wipe you out and even with the best remedies you're going to be very much affected. Now, maybe Lamar (and Yanda) only have mild colds which is what's suggested but it still shouldn't just be shrugged off.
    Agreed. For Lamar to sit out practice meant he couldn't get out of bed. He is a gamer who isn't going to miss practice for a case of the sniffles.

7. Re: AJ Green officially OUT for Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Agreed. For Lamar to sit out practice meant he couldn't get out of bed. He is a gamer who isn't going to miss practice for a case of the sniffles.
    Doesn't have to be Lamar's decision. If it's indeed something contagious (Yanda had it, right?), then the team might have sent him home to keep him from getting other players sick.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)