Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

List Of Pending Ravens UFAs

Per Jeff Zrebiec tweet:

The Ravens current group of pending 2020 UFAs includes but isn't limited to Jimmy Smith, Marcus Peters, Brandon Carr (option), Michael Pierce, Matthew Judon, Patrick Onwuasor, Anthony Levine Sr., Pernell McPhee, Josh Bynes, Seth Roberts and Cyrus Jones, Chris Moore and Jihad Ward

Re: List Of Pending Ravens UFAs

So do we still get another year of DeAnthony Thomas provided he works out? Is he still in his rookie years?

Not at the top of the list but honestly I would love to get Ward back

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Not at the top of the list but honestly I would love to get Ward back
    Really? Besides the Pats game, haven't really noticed him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Per Jeff Zrebiec tweet:

The Ravens current group of pending 2020 UFAs includes but isn't limited to Jimmy Smith, Marcus Peters, Brandon Carr (option), Michael Pierce, Matthew Judon, Patrick Onwuasor, Anthony Levine Sr., Pernell McPhee, Josh Bynes, Seth Roberts and Cyrus Jones, Chris Moore and Jihad Ward
    When I look at this list carefully (meaning I didn't have any alcohol), I don't see this as a great series of losses. I think J. Smith, McPhee, Roberts, C. Jones, and C. Moore are goners. I'd like to sign Peters to partner him with Humphrey depending on his $ demands... exercise Carr's option... Pierce, Judon, and Peanut also depend on the $ involved, but I just don't think any of them are totally irreplaceable. Keep in mind there are other teams losing talent, plus the 2020 draft to consider. IOW I'm not worried... Bc

Blog Entries

Wow. That's a lot of defensive talent. They can't afford another exodus of key players.

Conspicuously absent from this list: the entire starting offense, almost all of whom are still on rookie contracts. And we have a ridiculous amount of cap space next year.

Retain Peters, Onwuasor, Bynes, maybe Judon, and maybe Smith if he's willing to go lower due to injury history, everyone else is ok to let walk.

Spend the 1st 2 rounds in the draft on front 7, in particular OLB/DE, and start building a defense to match the offense (I can't believe I just typed those words...) Find an heir to Marshall Yanda. Free agency is not that critical going in to 2020, unless we can't retain those players.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    When I look at this list carefully (meaning I didn't have any alcohol), I don't see this as a great series of losses. I think J. Smith, McPhee, Roberts, C. Jones, and C. Moore are goners. I'd like to sign Peters to partner him with Humphrey depending on his $ demands... exercise Carr's option... Pierce, Judon, and Peanut also depend on the $ involved, but I just don't think any of them are totally irreplaceable. Keep in mind there are other teams losing talent, plus the 2020 draft to consider. IOW I'm not worried... Bc
    My mind has been changed on tagging Judon. Peters is the one to tag and work out a deal.

I agree with Zrebiec who says we should go hard after passrusher with or without signing Judon.

With so many pending UFAs, it gives us flexibility to be very active in FA and still come away with comp picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Wow. That's a lot of defensive talent. They can't afford another exodus of key players.
    But if we replace these guys, it wouldn't be as bad. I think this off-season could be all about the defense FA and draft. EDC could bring in a vet WR but otherwise, all defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    It depends on how you define a key player

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I see what you are saying when looked at individually, but I think the team will want to avoid mass turnover on defense after seeing what losing (all at once) Suggs, Mosley, and Weddle did.

Some continuity (and redundancy, given injuries) would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    But if we replace these guys, it wouldn't be as bad. I think this off-season could be all about the defense FA and draft. EDC could bring in a vet WR but otherwise, all defense.
    Exactly. I do see some losses on special teams, but that's it. We really need a good kick/punt returner.