Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Belichick breaks down Lamar and our offense

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    To me, the only remaining question is, can they come back late down by multiple scores? I don’t see that happening often, but a bad day from the d, and / or turnovers by the offense, will be an interesting scenario. Without having the threat of running game, can the o-line hold up? Can another playmaker step up? Will be interesting to watch - but I’d rather night find out ��
    I don't think we are very well prepared for that but how many teams and with what success rate can come back from multiple scores down though? KC has the offense to do that but their defense is suspect. 49ers? Saints?

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I don't think any team can match up well against the LJ8 offense as it stood last Sunday night. But keep in mind the wild cards: injuries & turnovers. Not a lot to be done about turnovers - a couple of fluke bounces & the Bungles will be right there on Sunday - but consider injuries:

What happens if any one of Andrews, HHurst & Boyle has to miss time? No more 3 TE sets for awhile. Ricard is pretty important too - no replacement for him. Remove any of those 4 & this offense will look like - will have to look like - a very different unit.

Check out the depth chart. Consider the OL. How much of a drop-off can be expected if JHurst or Mekari or Powers has to sub in? Especially if someone goes out in the course of a game? Guys who never get to practice with the rest of the first team?

Lot of folks here complained about BWill's play (mostly in the context of the size of his contract) - but we already saw the result when he was out vs CLE.

I'm morally certain EDC is up to the minute on anyone out there he might have to sign or trade for if any of the roster goes down - but even so, these are the kinds of considerations that are going to turn (what's left of) his hair silver.
    Good points and this is partially why I am suggesting that we need more from the WR position. It is reasonable to assume someone gets hurt. Lets all knock on collective wood and hope that does not happen.

If it does not, BB is going to say, "...go ahead, let's see you win with a predominantly passing attack..." to LJ, who made no long downfield throws in the Pats game (not a knock on his abilities, he can do it, it just was not schemed that way). Ok. Given those two points, assuming that we have to rely more on the pass (because it is really obvious BB will go to shut down the TE and run game), BB will take Brown and Andrews out. That leaves the pass game on people like Boyle, Snead, Boykin and Roberts. We know Boyle and Snead have the bona fides, but neither can take the top off the defense. Roberts really can't but Boykin can.

I am sure this is already going on but I felt that I wanted to articulate it. These teams will look different either by injury or scheme and I think the strength of our approach on defense, especially in the secondary is depth. I am hoping we can have the same approach on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    Good points and this is partially why I am suggesting that we need more from the WR position. It is reasonable to assume someone gets hurt. Lets all knock on collective wood and hope that does not happen.

If it does not, BB is going to say, "...go ahead, let's see you win with a predominantly passing attack..." to LJ, who made no long downfield throws in the Pats game (not a knock on his abilities, he can do it, it just was not schemed that way). Ok. Given those two points, assuming that we have to rely more on the pass (because it is really obvious BB will go to shut down the TE and run game), BB will take Brown and Andrews out. That leaves the pass game on people like Boyle, Snead, Boykin and Roberts. We know Boyle and Snead have the bona fides, but neither can take the top off the defense. Roberts really can't but Boykin can.

I am sure this is already going on but I felt that I wanted to articulate it. These teams will look different either by injury or scheme and I think the strength of our approach on defense, especially in the secondary is depth. I am hoping we can have the same approach on offense.
    Ok, I don't think anyone is talking about the obvious, which is exactly what are the Ravens really doing?
    The Ravens, schematically are building every single week by design.
    The new/modified playbook, however anyone wants to look at it is not all in play yet.
    Which means there are plays the Ravens haven't run in a game, but are in their playbook.
    This means no team can fully prepare for the Ravens because they ONLY know the things the Ravens have run so far.
    Also, I noticed on several of the plays, there are a few players running off which never get involved in the play...but certainly could in the future...in other words, a variation of the same play.
    This is what both Roman and Lamar have alluded to...we will take what the defense gives us.
    If they stack the line we will pass on them...and they did, successfully.
    If they are trying to stop the pass, we run.
    Roman adapts DURING the game, which was not part of the plan last year.
    But it is the essence of the plan this year...which is still building and expanding and morphing.
    The other players will be getting involved when the opposing defenses key on certain players of ours.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

The thing is, you can talk down about our offense and take little verbal shots all you want, but when you're defense can't stop it, well....if our O is a high school scheme, then I guess that makes your D junior high level? Oh, and by the way, our "RB #2" whooped your ass

Some ppl here are more offended than Lamar himself. Lol wer're starting to sound like victim complex fan base. Jesus just enjoy that we are winning

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Some ppl here are more offended than Lamar himself. Lol wer're starting to sound like victim complex fan base. Jesus just enjoy that we are winning
    It really is embarrassing.

This was filmed before the pats game. So even with all that knowledge he still couldn’t stop it

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I don't think any team can match up well against the LJ8 offense as it stood last Sunday night. But keep in mind the wild cards: injuries & turnovers. Not a lot to be done about turnovers - a couple of fluke bounces & the Bungles will be right there on Sunday - but consider injuries:

What happens if any one of Andrews, HHurst & Boyle has to miss time? No more 3 TE sets for awhile. Ricard is pretty important too - no replacement for him. Remove any of those 4 & this offense will look like - will have to look like - a very different unit.

Check out the depth chart. Consider the OL. How much of a drop-off can be expected if JHurst or Mekari or Powers has to sub in? Especially if someone goes out in the course of a game? Guys who never get to practice with the rest of the first team?

Lot of folks here complained about BWill's play (mostly in the context of the size of his contract) - but we already saw the result when he was out vs CLE.

I'm morally certain EDC is up to the minute on anyone out there he might have to sign or trade for if any of the roster goes down - but even so, these are the kinds of considerations that are going to turn (what's left of) his hair silver.
    Well if anyone goes down, we wouldn't be able to trade for anyone, since the trade deadline has past. That being said, although it would be less frequent, if one of the TE's goes down we could still be in 13 personnel with any one of the three TE's. Of course if Boyle goes down our running game is much less complex.

Ok couple things,

I am having a really hard time being offended by anything BB said on that entire clip. The play where he called him RB2 was a correct description. The old fashioned high school power play to Ingram was exactly that. There is no need to get pissed about what he said...the bigger point is whether or not you can stop it and clearly they couldn't.

The Pats have been running the same simplified dink and dunk offense for 20 years. Their short passing game is an extension of their running game. If there are years when they have explosive players, they can take a few shots over the top. But their offense isn't some great scheme or super complicated...it's just executed to perfection. 9 out of 10 teams can't stop a perfectly executed offense like that. Just like 9 out of 10 teams won't be able to consistently stop our high school offense as long as it has playmakers and they execute.

As far as this SD strategy that people seem to still be concerned with...why hasn't every team they faced this year so far deployed it? They all saw the tape. Or is everyone waiting until the 2nd time they face the ravens to use it? Does it have to be in the playoffs to work? It doesn't really make sense that people are still worried that that defense is just lurking in every team's playbook just waiting to derail our season. The Ravens watched that tape of the SD playoff game too...and that's why they drafted Hollywood and Hill and Boykin. It's why they signed Ingram. It's also why MM isn't here anymore.
    I'm sure the offense will struggle again in some game in the future, but it won't be because of the "SD Blueprint".

10. Re: Belichick breaks down Lamar and our offense

It's funny, I was watching some old footage of Belichick on youtube and he used actually ramble a bit especially about football nuts and bolts. Much more so than he does now. This reminds me of that a bit.

Blog Entries

I thought this thread was posted already prior to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    Notice the sneaky little shot BB takes at our offense by calling LJ "RB#2" and the scheme a "high school power play"...not only is it important for it's distain, but it also tells you how he will defend this next time. LA Chargers scheme is coming and he will roll the dice that we can't run over them again. We need more targets worked in other than Andrews and Brown in the passing game over the next set of games. I hope Roberts and Boykin step it up...BB is making us pass next time.
    I thought he was gonna do that last time??